BF GC Night(s)

With the release of the new Star Wars movie, we thought it might be fun to
just play some old school GC on the 27th & 28th. Map vote is on, server is
set for just fun. Admins will be online. I would like to invite you all.
Details at the bottom of this post.

Would love to see some AGB'ers out there. KungFu.. I've had a blast playing
DC with you on your AGB server. I have seldom seen so much team play on a
public server and for no one knowing me. Thanks! (Tried to email you KFJ,
but it bounced back). Weapons Bunker was a blast.. pun intended.

If you are out and about and want to just have a good time, check it out.
I'll post what the serrver admin QYV posted in our group. I believe the
server is in Dallas TX. Sorry for the long post.
DD

~Start Quote~
If you've got the Star Wars bug and are going to be playing GC, here are
some things that will help you out regarding the maps that are running on
our servers. Practice for BFRR GC Nights! Friday/Saturday May 27 & 28! After
that at least 1 of the servers will convert back to DC and the other will
probably go away since nobody really plays GC anymore

Map details & info:
Moncal (great map), Lok, and Corellia are basic conquest maps, cap & hold
points. Bonusrace is just to screw around with - both sides spawn together,
it's not for killing, more for racing and exploring but there is 1 of each
kind of vehicle scattered about the 4 corners of the map

Hoth: (my #2 fave) basic conquest but Imperials get 2 FULL AT-AT WALKERS now
(very fun I might add) - the shield generator must be destroyed before that
flag can be capped (dont forget the Xwing off to the right as you exit the
rebel base) *note: the alternate fire in the Rebel snowspeeder is a
slow-moving "tow-cable" like device that only damages ATAT's if you mange to
connect. 3di and I did some testing, looks like max damage comes from neck
shots, the underside of the ATAT, or if u can shoot in the side door when
they have it open

Deathstar (like the first movie!): Rebels attack deathstar trench. Exhaust
port is a red circle on the map which reflects target hitpoints (thick to
thin). Port is covered by a shield and is only vulverable from a 45-50
degree angle directly from the trench (not from the top or sides). Hidden
Imperial TiE Interceptor somewhere

Tanaab: (tied for #1 fave) objective map: Rebel is assaulting Imperial base.
Rebel objective is to destroy 4 Imperial hard targets (again red circles on
the map reflect target hitpoints). All targets are affected by torpedoes and
detpacks only. Targets are:
1&2) 2 TIE fighters inside the base (entrances from landing platform) - use
detpacks
3) TIE surrounded by turbolasers in the "tunnel" throught the base
4) radar dome on top of base
*NOTE: objectives CAN be repaired!

Vanguard : each side gets 1 uncapturable base & 1 mobile capital ship which
can be destroyed (and usually is) but respawns. goal is to hold flags. When
"nav point" flags are held, you can spawn inside turbolaser satellites at
that flag (most action takes place in the middle)

Taskforce (tied for #1 fave) : simple objective map. 4 capital ships, 2
heavy, 2 medium for each side (which do NOT respawn). use torpedoes or
capital ship HEAVY guns (capital ships have light turbolasers & 1 heavy
laser - just try the different seat #s you'll see) to destroy other side's
capital ships. Once again, ships are red (or blue) circles on the map which
reflect hitpoints, as hitpoints are lost the circle will change like a timer
counting down *note SHIPS CAN BE REPAIRED!

http://www.bfrecroom.com/forum_viewtopic.php?35.6127

The 32 player server (space/objective maps) runs hoth, moncal, vanguard,
deathstar, and tanaab. I stuck Moncal in there because it's so freaking fun
BFRecRoom.com & ETN.fm
66.207.196.218:14567

The 30 player server (ground maps) runs hoth, moncal, corelia, bonusrace and
lok
BFRecRoom.com & ETN.fm
70.85.72.122:14567

Sounds cool... What is "GC" though?
-Kevin

"Kevin M. DeVita" <kdevita@suffolk.lib.ny.us> wrote in message
> Sounds cool... What is "GC" though?
> -Kevin

My bad.. It's a BF42 Star Wars mod called Galactic Conquest. This mod got
the offical approval from George Lukas himself.
http://www.galactic-conquest.net/

In article <1199uurtm1fce2e@corp.supernews.com>, dangerdawg@bfrecroomdotcom
says...
> My bad.. It's a BF42 Star Wars mod called Galactic Conquest. This mod got
> the offical approval from George Lukas himself.
> http://www.galactic-conquest.net/

Great mod
--
Best regards, [AGB] Tiny Pat
Arguing with someone on usenet is like competing in the special

I'm downloading it now. Will GC interfere with BF1942 after I install it?
How many servers run this Mod? And can I play the Bots to get a feel for the
maps?

Thanks for your help!
-Kevin

> I'm downloading it now. Will GC interfere with BF1942 after I install it?
> How many servers run this Mod? And can I play the Bots to get a feel for
> the maps?
>
> Thanks for your help!
> -Kevin

>> http://www.galactic-conquest.net/

Kevin,

No, it should not effect your reg BF42 game at all. It will get placed in
the MODS folder.

I'm not sure on the bots. You may want to check out their forums from that
link above. They also have a game manual on GC..

There are not a lot of servers running it. I think that so many are just
kind of waiting for BF2 to drop. It seems that pretty much across the board,
BF play is down on many servers.

I was surprised to see that GC just released a update 5.3 and are talking
about a new release.

We played some rounds last night and had a blast (pun intended). I'm not
very good at GC, but it's a lot of fun to see all the great things they have
done with BF42.

Hope to see you on the server. We are not trying to steal anyone away from
other servers, just wanting to have a fun couple of nights. Let me know your
in-game name and I'll be looking for you.

ALSO,, UPDATE YOUR PUNKBUSTER... PB released a new update and WOW, people
getting kicked everywhere last night.

I use that pbweb.exe file that PB has on their site.
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=updatepb.php

Dnld & place in your computer here:
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\pb

I run it once a month or so, just to be safe. PB is supposed to update while
you're online. But many factors can cause it to not work, and then you get
kicked.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me, just replace DOT with a .
DD

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded it and I'm going to install it in
seconds! :)
Don't worry about stealing me away from servers... I'm a wanderer. Although
I have been playing a great deal of Raid on Agheila lately. I use the name
Bisquik online. Stupid, yes... but I like it. I got it years ago when I
played BattleTech. I grew attached to it. :) Thanks again for the info!

I'll let you know what I think soon!

> "Kevin M. DeVita" <kdevita@suffolk.lib.ny.us> wrote in message
>> I'm downloading it now. Will GC interfere with BF1942 after I install it?
>> How many servers run this Mod? And can I play the Bots to get a feel for
>> the maps?
>>
>> Thanks for your help!
>> -Kevin
>
>>> http://www.galactic-conquest.net/
>>>

> Kevin,
>
> No, it should not effect your reg BF42 game at all. It will get placed in
> the MODS folder.
>
> I'm not sure on the bots. You may want to check out their forums from that
> link above. They also have a game manual on GC..
>
> There are not a lot of servers running it. I think that so many are just
> kind of waiting for BF2 to drop. It seems that pretty much across the
> board, BF play is down on many servers.
>
> I was surprised to see that GC just released a update 5.3 and are talking
> about a new release.
>
> We played some rounds last night and had a blast (pun intended). I'm not
> very good at GC, but it's a lot of fun to see all the great things they
> have done with BF42.
>
> Hope to see you on the server. We are not trying to steal anyone away from
> other servers, just wanting to have a fun couple of nights. Let me know
> your in-game name and I'll be looking for you.
>
> ALSO,, UPDATE YOUR PUNKBUSTER... PB released a new update and WOW, people
> getting kicked everywhere last night.
>
> I use that pbweb.exe file that PB has on their site.
> http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=updatepb.php
>
> Dnld & place in your computer here:
> C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\pb
>
> I run it once a month or so, just to be safe. PB is supposed to update
> while you're online. But many factors can cause it to not work, and then
> you get kicked.
>
> If you have any questions, feel free to email me, just replace DOT with a
> .
> DD

You were right... I played for about an hour and then was kicked because of
punkbuster. I updated it. I should be fine now.

The game is cool. I finally figured out how to take off in a tie fighter
after about 1000 tries... :)

I would like to play this weekend when you play.
Do you guys use ventrilo when you play?

Thanks for all the info! Really cool Mod!

>I can get on some servers, but not others...
> There is a SEATTLE server that I always crash on...
> Would anyone know why?

Mostly likely a different version.

L.

Thanks Lorian. Looks like that is the cause. I will be updating it to 5.3
( I have 5.2).
-Kevin

> Thanks Lorian. Looks like that is the cause. I will be updating it to 5.3
> ( I have 5.2).
> -Kevin
>

> "Lorian" <nospam@lorian.nod> wrote in message
>>
>> "Kevin M. DeVita" <kdevita@suffolk.lib.ny.us> wrote in message
>>>I can get on some servers, but not others...
>>> There is a SEATTLE server that I always crash on...
>>> Would anyone know why?
>>
>> Mostly likely a different version.
>>
>> L.

Sorry Kevin, I've had some family issues. Yes, there is a 5.3 update. I did
see mention of a bad "beta" update out.
The one you want should be around 50megs. The bad one was around 25meg or
so. Guess it was to show Lucas what they were doing and it got leaked.

We have a TS server. I'll be looking for you. Also, I have found that when
flying in this mod, about everything is reversed.. So don't feel bad on
that! I can't ever tell you how many times I've crashed and burned.. I'm to
the point that I'm a decent gunner.. I leave the driving to someone else!

If you drop by our website, you can see which map is playing etc..
www.bfrecroom.com
DD

Thanks, I should be on tonight! (NY time). I'm going to see Star Wars III
again in a little while, so I should be pumped up to play.

> "Kevin M. DeVita" <kdevita@suffolk.lib.ny.us> wrote in message
>> Thanks Lorian. Looks like that is the cause. I will be updating it to 5.3
>> ( I have 5.2).
>> -Kevin
>>

>> "Lorian" <nospam@lorian.nod> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Kevin M. DeVita" <kdevita@suffolk.lib.ny.us> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Mostly likely a different version.
>>>
>>> L.
>
> Sorry Kevin, I've had some family issues. Yes, there is a 5.3 update. I
> did see mention of a bad "beta" update out.
> The one you want should be around 50megs. The bad one was around 25meg or
> so. Guess it was to show Lucas what they were doing and it got leaked.
>
> We have a TS server. I'll be looking for you. Also, I have found that when
> flying in this mod, about everything is reversed.. So don't feel bad on
> that! I can't ever tell you how many times I've crashed and burned.. I'm
> to the point that I'm a decent gunner.. I leave the driving to someone
> else!
>
> If you drop by our website, you can see which map is playing etc..
> www.bfrecroom.com
> DD

Thanks for all the help DD. I played both Friday and Saturday (and on other
servers during the day). I had a blast! Yes, pun still intended. :)

I am just understanding how to take off from certain ships. The Imperial
Shuttle and Falcon are still a pain though... I'll have to go back to the
manual on those two.

Thanks again for the invite!

> Thanks for all the help DD. I played both Friday and Saturday (and on
> other servers during the day). I had a blast! Yes, pun still intended. :)
>
> I am just understanding how to take off from certain ships. The Imperial
> Shuttle and Falcon are still a pain though... I'll have to go back to the
> manual on those two.
>
> Thanks again for the invite!
> -Kevin

You are welcome.. I'm glad to see you enjoyed it so much. It was kind of
crazy with the new PB upate and GC patch all going on at the same time..
People didn't know what was going on..
I agree with you on getting some of those ships up and running! On those
that drop from the bays, I think the best I did was getting out with 85%
health! But, amazing what they did with BF42 when you think about it.. Hats
off to the GC DEVS..

Kevin, feel free to drop by our site and take a look around.
DD
www.bfrecroom.com

> "Kevin M. DeVita" <kdevita@suffolk.lib.ny.us> wrote in message
>> Thanks for all the help DD. I played both Friday and Saturday (and on
>> other servers during the day). I had a blast! Yes, pun still intended. :)
>>
>> I am just understanding how to take off from certain ships. The Imperial
>> Shuttle and Falcon are still a pain though... I'll have to go back to the
>> manual on those two.
>>
>> Thanks again for the invite!
>> -Kevin
>>
> You are welcome.. I'm glad to see you enjoyed it so much. It was kind of
> crazy with the new PB upate and GC patch all going on at the same time..
> People didn't know what was going on..
> I agree with you on getting some of those ships up and running! On those
> that drop from the bays, I think the best I did was getting out with 85%
> health! But, amazing what they did with BF42 when you think about it..
> Hats off to the GC DEVS..
>
> Kevin, feel free to drop by our site and take a look around.
> DD
> www.bfrecroom.com

Cool site. What other BF 1942 Mods does your clan participate in?
I love BF 1942. Do you think it will disappear after the BF2 release? I
don't care much for modern combat, so I probably won't purchase it. Will
BFRecroom still support it, or will they be moving on?

Time for more GC. I want to finish the Chalandra (spelling?) race for once.
I get halfway through it then die... :)

-Kevin

>> Kevin, feel free to drop by our site and take a look around.
>> DD
>> www.bfrecroom.com
>
> Cool site. What other BF 1942 Mods does your clan participate in?
> I love BF 1942. Do you think it will disappear after the BF2 release? I
> don't care much for modern combat, so I probably won't purchase it. Will
> BFRecroom still support it, or will they be moving on?
>
> Time for more GC. I want to finish the Chalandra (spelling?) race for
> once. I get halfway through it then die... :)
>
> -Kevin
Hehe, you used the "C" word.. We are just a players group. Started out when
BF42 first came out.
I think BF42 will be around for awhile. Although many mods are moving to
BF2. If you really want a good WWII look and feel. Check out the Forgotten
Hope Mod. Really what BF42 should have been. Although they too just
announced that they were going to move to BF2. But still, they will be WWII.
So, I think getting BF2 will pay off for you sooner or later.

If you find yourself looking for a great group of folks, stop by. They don't
all play, but we have a good time, pretty laid back for the most part. Lots
of good people like yourself.
DD

>>> Kevin, feel free to drop by our site and take a look around.
>>> DD
>>> www.bfrecroom.com
>>
>> Cool site. What other BF 1942 Mods does your clan participate in?
>> I love BF 1942. Do you think it will disappear after the BF2 release? I
>> don't care much for modern combat, so I probably won't purchase it. Will
>> BFRecroom still support it, or will they be moving on?
>>
>> Time for more GC. I want to finish the Chalandra (spelling?) race for
>> once. I get halfway through it then die... :)
>>
>> -Kevin
> Hehe, you used the "C" word.. We are just a players group. Started out
> when BF42 first came out.
> I think BF42 will be around for awhile. Although many mods are moving to
> BF2. If you really want a good WWII look and feel. Check out the Forgotten
> Hope Mod. Really what BF42 should have been. Although they too just
> announced that they were going to move to BF2. But still, they will be
> WWII. So, I think getting BF2 will pay off for you sooner or later.
>
> If you find yourself looking for a great group of folks, stop by. They
> don't all play, but we have a good time, pretty laid back for the most
> part. Lots of good people like yourself.
> DD

I'll give it some thought...
btw, finally finished the race without dying!
Take Care!
-Kevin

"DDawg" <ddawg@bfrecroomdotcom> wrote in message
> With the release of the new Star Wars movie, we thought it might be fun to
> just play some old school GC on the 27th & 28th. Map vote is on, server is
> set for just fun. Admins will be online. I would like to invite you all.
> Details at the bottom of this post.
>
> Would love to see some AGB'ers out there. KungFu.. I've had a blast
> playing DC with you on your AGB server. I have seldom seen so much team
> play on a public server and for no one knowing me. Thanks! (Tried to email
> you KFJ, but it bounced back). Weapons Bunker was a blast.. pun intended.

Wow, I haven't been to this NG in forever! Hey Dawg we have had some good
games lately, keep coming to AGB servers anytime!

KungFuJesus