Sign in with
Your question

No display after bios, Zotac Gtx 460 1Gb

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 15, 2012 5:03:42 PM

Hi Guys,
I am facing a strange problem on my Zotac Gtx460. When I have my DVI cable in the upper slot I get the BIOS, POST & starting windows display. After that the display vanishes. If I plug in my cable into the 2nd DVI port I get the desktop and everything works fine.
When I boot my system with the cable in the 2nd DVI slot (lower slot) I don't see BIOS, POST, starting Windows but I directly see the welcome to windows screen and then the desktop.
I used the upper DVI slot for my TV display (used a VGA cable and used a vga to dvi connector to connect it to the gpu). Before the display vanished, it used to work fine but ever since it has stopped working, the TV displays only a flickering signal but works fine when I plug it in the lower DVI slot.
Someone suggested me that it might be due to the carbon inside the slot and I should try cleaning it out by putting in some ethyl alcohol.
I haven't done that yet. Could you guys suggest what might the problem be? Faulty port maybe? I have tried reinstalling drivers but haven't tried reinstalling windows, neither have I tried putting the card in a friend's system (I'm sure it won't work there either)
Anyhow, all suggestions are welcome :) 
July 24, 2012 8:01:14 AM

*bump* ?
(Don't know if bumping threads is legal around here :(  )
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
July 24, 2012 8:05:09 AM

Bumping threads is frowned upon here. Try cleaning the slot and the card. Also a BIOS reset won't hurt.
m
l
July 24, 2012 8:23:24 AM

El Tigre said:
Bumping threads is frowned upon here. Try cleaning the slot and the card. Also a BIOS reset won't hurt.

I'm sorry, I didn't know that. I'll try cleaning out the slot (have cleaned out the card). I also did a bios reset but that was after I upgraded to the 580.
Thanks will try out what you said and post results.
m
l
Related resources
!