New custom built comp wont work.

Yankeesfan816

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
Graphics Card: VGA EVGA|01G-P3-1556-KR GTX550 TI
MoBo: ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000
PSU: OCZ|OCZ700MXSP 700W RT
Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
CPU Heatsink Fan: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler
Tower: NZXT Guardian 921 RB 921RB-001-RD Black

So my friend built me this comp. I installed the os and it was working fine. Had installed itunes, WoW and was playing at max settings perfectly fine. Then it randomly crashed. Tried turning it on and at first it went to an error screen and said something about overclocking failed. Not sure what that even means. I dont think i was trying to overclock it. All i was doing was listening to music and playing wow. Dont think it was over heating either. Opened the side panel and it wasnt hot at all. So i booted it up and it seemed to be working fine untill a few minutes later it crashed again and now it wont work. When i power it up all the fans and lights go on but nothing gets displayed on the screen. Is as if its not pluged in at all but i know the screen and HDMI cord work fine. It sounds like its running fine. There isnt a beep code error but there is a red light on the MB. It doesnt say anything about it in the manual though. Any suggestions on what might be wrong would be awsome, thanks in advance! Just ask if theres any more info you might need

sebastien

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
the only suggestion that comes to mind is for you to go to Asus forum and check out if anyone else have similar issue and a solution along the way.
Also, you could contact Asus tech support regarding the red light on the motherboard and see what it means.

Is there a jumper on the motherboard to switch Bios from standard to safe mode?
if there is one then unplug your PC, turn on your PC for several seconds to juice out remaining electrical power then switch the jumper, and finally replug your PC and turn it back on. See if you have a screen display or not. If it turns on fine and you have graphic, sound, CPU working fine then to me it sounds like it is a standard mode BIOS setting issue. If the problem persists then it can come from a lot of directions. I would see with your friend if he has a spare PSU you van borrow and also a stick or 2 of memory ram.

Seb

The main problem here is that your issue can be coming from a multitude of points or components and you have to play detective for a while