Amd Lever will not go down

CurtisCoburn

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Hello, building my first computer now. I am having trouble with the processor. See what had happened was the first time I installed it, the fan did not fit, so I took it off and along came the CPU. Then it got 4 bent pins but I managed to straighten them all and now the processor fits in the socket well enough to drop it in without it wiggling at all. But when when I try to latch it down, there is a small force that is stopping me, and I don't think that's normal. What is the reason for the leaver giving force while the processor is in the socket, and what can I do to make it go into place?

EDIT: The first time I did it I had to apply no force. I just did some research and some people say that resistance is normal. It starts the resistance at about 75 Degrees. Is this normal, and should I apply the force needed to latch it down? The CPU is fit in the socket with all 4 corners there. Thanks for helping me out.

EDIT: This is a AMD processor. I'm seeing way more post about Intel than AMD, just want to make sure you know that. Is this normal for a AMD processor to do this?

CurtisCoburn

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

Thanks for your help. The CPU went in okay. I just had to be sure.