Microphone, Mouse Problems after Restart

Zylen92

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Hi fellow forum members,

I have a very annoying problem that I haven't been able to solve for a year. Everytime I turn on my computer or restart, I have to unplug the microphone and headphone jacks and plug it again. I want to add that I don't have this problem with my Logitech sound system that is always plugged to my pc. I also have a similar problem regarding my Razer Mamba mouse. Everytime I turn on or restart the computer, my pc does not recognize cursor movement commands from my mouse but what is interesting is, pc receives everything else. I mean I can right click or left click and they do work. Weird really. So if anyone has a similar problem or solution to this, I would really appreciate your help. Thanks for your time.

trapper

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2005
First update your mouse/usb drivers to see if that works on the mouse.

Same for your sound card/mobo sound drivers, see if that fixes the audio issues.

If the sound drivers don't work how then where does the headphone/mic jac plug in? Is it a front/top of the case jack, or is it on the speaker?

trapper

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2005
Is your audio managed by a non-windows program? Or is it just the default window's audio device management?

As for the mouse try un-installing your .Net Framework and then re-installing it after a reboot.

Zylen92

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
I have done as you suggested but the mouse problem only happens after cold startup so i will notify 24 hours later. As for the jack, so far not good.

trapper

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2005
When you install the up to date drivers for it do you have the headphones/mic plugged in? Try doing a re-install with all of your speakers, mics and headphones unplugged.

Zylen92

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Now mic works. I think there was priority problem with the sound system's mic entrance so i unplugged it and voila. For headphones i think the problem is unsolvable because of this priority thing, i guess. It always first gives the signal to stereo. Another question if I may, as you probably guessed, I had to remove and re-plug my jacks many times. Do you think that this might have caused a corrosion in the mick entrances because sometimes my mic does not give proper signal to system. Same thing goes for the headphones. Any ideas?

trapper

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2005
That sounds like a loose connection or loose cable somewhere in them that MOSTLY keeps in contact, but if the situation is right it won't hit the contacts. I had a mic that was the same way, it eventualy had an 'up' and a 'down' even though it was round, just because I had to have the cable pulling down a specific way to keep it working.

But you can try cleaning the leads on the mic and headphones to see if that helps any.