Computer will not boot, keeps turning on and off? Please help!

Yesterday i bought some new ram for my pc, and when i got it i shut down my computer and took it to my office to install it. after i have put it in, taking as much caution as you can with ram, i put it back in my room plugged all cables back in and started it up. i got a loud beeping from the motherboard and was worried something was very wrong, so i uninstalled that ram and put my old one back in. I started it up again with all fans lights etc coming on and it seemed to be normal, five seconds later it turns off and waits about 2-3 seconds before starting again. This process will continue with it being on for about 6-7 seconds then turning off with nothing coming up on the screen and no warnings from the motherboard or anything.
i am worried something may be fried and i will have to do a big replacement of hardware. i have read many other forums with no success finding an answer. i have taken out the CMOS battery to try reset bios, nothing, have made sure all cables are in tight along with other parts, and i have tried changing the dimm slots of the ram and unplugging my HDD to no avail.
I would really appreciate as much help as i can get because everyone knows how frustrating it is when you cant even turn on your pc.
my specs:
intel i5 2500k @3.3ghz
GA-p67a-UD4-B3 motherboard
GTX 560ti 2gb
Thermaltake 700W litepower
Coolermaster V8 cpu cooler
4gb kingston hyperX ddr3
Thermaltake case.
1 answer Last reply
More about computer boot turning help
  1. Have you tried comparing the beeping it was making to the beep codes in your mobo's manual? Could give you an indication of what the issue is.
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt RAM Computer Systems