Lagging in EVERY SINGLE game

Nicolas145

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
I'm lagging here in every SINGLE game i play, Team fortress 2 i get some lag spikes, STALKER i can't get past 30 fps and i get some stutter when moving fast, Red orchestra 2 is running only at 30 fps, Killing floor is lagging like hell and i get less than 30 fps.

My specs

Amd Phenom II X6 3.2Ghz

Corsair 2GB Memory X4 = 8GB

AMD Radeon 6870 x2 (Crossfire)

Corsair GS800 800w

Motherboard ASRock Deluxe5

Solution
Try using the Display driver that came with the Card..might fix the problem..i have similiar issues too..that fix for me...also try using one card..the amd crossfire has far too many bugs with drivers..
Temporarily run a single card to rule out a Crossfire driver issue. If you aren't running the latest drivers (12.6; or the 12.7 beta), download them, remove the old drivers, reboot, then install the latest.

Edit: Also, what are your temps? A graphics card (or CPU) that gets too hot will throttle.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Lag is almost always caused by your internet connection. There is nothing much you can do on your end. If you are the only one online when this happens your best bet is to contact your ISP and ask for an on site service call.

Nicolas145

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012

Only TF2 AND KF are Online, the others i'm playing the campaign.

Nicolas145

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012

I got 12.7 beta, Should i use MSI to test ?

I had a similar setup to OP 955be and 6870 crossfire and could not escape the putrid stuttering... being that thuban has even less overhead per core then deneb Id say am3 is generally not a great platform for multi gpus..

start overclocking to high hell

make sure you do a clean sweep and driver reinstall when going from 2 cards to 1 and vice versa, also id try the latest whql driver from amd instead of the beta... it could also be that killing floor and others are just poorly optimized in crossfire, these are all questions that can be answered by just running a single card and running some tests

Nicolas145

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
Finished downloading ARMA 2 here are the results:

With crossfire i get 30 fps and the usage are synced to 50% maximum, temperature from main GPU is about 52°C second one about 50°C

Without crossfire i get the same ammount of fps and the card goes to 60°C

c3h8

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
Lag spikes, when not your ISP, can indicate software activity competing for resource with your game. hence "lag". Ensure you don't have any programs updating, automatic virus scans, or other scheduled activity you are unaware of.

Your Anti-Virus program is likely the culprit, those scans can tank performance comparatively. Explore what options you can configure, basically you want to prevent it from scanning during times of HIGH cpu activity.

Yoyoman2000

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
I use a program called 'Game Booster' to help me get rid of all of the extra unseen processes out of the way whilst I game on my old laptop. On some games it works like a treat but on others it makes no difference whatsoever.

You should try it.

defy_Y

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
Try using the Display driver that came with the Card..might fix the problem..i have similiar issues too..that fix for me...also try using one card..the amd crossfire has far too many bugs with drivers..

Solution

Nicolas145

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012

Will try

I've been trying Arma 2, I can't get the cards' usage up to more than 30%

TRENDING THREADS