Sign in with
Your question

Super gaming computer Help

Last response: in Systems
September 3, 2012 9:35:18 AM

Jakejtag1@gmail.com

Hey guys It's time for me to get a new computer and so ive been searching the web looking for a decent gaming computer that can withstand what i throw at it. I want to be sure to be able to play games such as Skyrim, Total War series, Battlefield 3 ect on the highest settings possible. I also mod most my games and run higher up textures and or create more than the origanal number of characters in a game. For example, in Skyrim i would love it if i could just spawn 100 people and it wouldnt lag at all, or doubling the standard amount of troops in TW (Total War) witch is an RTS game : http://www.thunderboltgames.com/reviews/article/rome-to... anyways in most of those battles there is thousands of players. I just want a computer that can take the damage and have no lag at all. Also i mod very frequently and such and also need to be able to navigate through the hard drives and files fast. So i went and designed a computer on cyber power hoping that it can meet my needs tell me what you guys think :

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3960X Extreme Edition Six-Core 3.30 GHz 15MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)

Motherboard: (4-Way SLI Support) ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX w/ ROG Connect, UEFI BIOS, BT GO, OC Key, Subzero Sense & 7.1 HD Audio, Intel GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 5 Gen3 PCIe X16 & 1 PCIe X1

Memory: 32GB (8GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory [+368] (Corsair or Major Brand)

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 4GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+421] (EVGA Powered by NVIDIA)

Video Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 4GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+726] (EVGA Powered by NVIDIA)

Power Supply Upgrade: 1,200 Watts - Thermaltake TP-1200M ToughPower Modular, 80 Plus Silver Certified, Quad SLI Ready, CrossfireX Ready & Active PFC Power Supply

Hard Drive: 60 GB Intel 520 Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s - 550 MB/s Read & 520 MB/s Write (60GB x 4 (240GB Capacity) Raid 0 Extreme Performance

Data Hard Drive: 2TB (2TBx1) Western Digital Caivar Black SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

Hard Drive Cooling Fan: Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System [+21] (2 x Systems

Keyboard: Razer Arctosa Black USB Gaming Keyboard

Mouse: Razer Naga Hex 11 Buttons 5600 DPI Laser Gaming Mouse

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)

Optical Drive: LG 12X Internal Blu-ray Drive & DVDRW, 3D Playback Combo Drive (BLACK COLOR)

What do i need to change or add to get the computer I'm looking for? Or is it all good? Thanks so much it means a lot to me

P.S sorry for other posts, was wrong computer ignore them thanks

More about : super gaming computer

September 3, 2012 11:38:07 AM

A few things to note:

I would definitely not recommend an extreme edition i7 as they are massively overpriced and hardly give any added performance. The Intel Core i7-3930K is basically the same chip with a very slight lower clock and slightly smaller cache for just over half the price of the exteme edition. The X-series Intel chips are known to be bad value for money.

I would also go with 2GB GTX 680s over 4GB ones as there will be no difference whatsoever (especially with 2 cards) even at the higher resolutions.
I would personally recommend the Palit JetStream 680 2GB as it has a factory overclock, great cooling performance at low noise levels (I have one myself and love it).

In addition to this, a RAID array of small capacity SSDs will actually be the same if not slower than a Large capacity SSD as SSD performance decreases with lower capacitites. Just get a 240GB SSD (would recommend OCZ Vertex 4 for best performance).

How high is your budget because with the money you seem to be willing to spend you could invest in some other considerable performance upgrades.
m
l
September 3, 2012 5:31:14 PM

Thanks for leaving a comment. As response to your question as of now I'm trying to stay in the 5k range. I heard lots about my CPU I think I will drop it. Is there any real advantages to having 2 video cards? Someone told me just one of those cards is enough to power most games on high graphics. But that's the problem see I'm a modder as well and push the hell out of my machines. This computer is also going to be well taken care of so I am not purchasing any over clocking for this computer. Back to the point, maybe you have played skyrim? If you havnt it's just a first person free roam like new Vegas ECT. Anyways on games such as those I will use mods that add new areas add better resolutions textures and turn up my setting all the way up. Ontop of that I will spawn about 100 characters and watch the duke it out. But my old computer just can't handle the new games anymore. So I'm trying to build this computer strong so it can do everything I want it to and not be on the edge. I don't want any shortcuts I want to be sure it's meeting my requirements and still has room to spawn another 100 characters. I don't want to be limited, no lag, at least not until extreme conditions. Is there anything more I could do to make this work?

also is 1200 wats suitable for this machine? Many thanks
m
l
September 3, 2012 5:45:31 PM

Also for replacement of the raid would you recommend the 480 GB Intel 520 Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s - 550 MB/s Read & 520 MB/s Write? I know it's big but as you stated ealier the bigger the faster. Thanks
m
l
!