Sign in with
Your question

Black screen, sound looping and restart.

Last response: in Components
January 17, 2013 1:43:08 PM

Hello,

My name is Lisandro, i'm from Argentina. I really don't know the exact category for my problem, i'm sorry if it's wrong.

About six months ago I bought a PC which components are:

*Micro-Processor AMD Bulldozer X6 3300

*Video-Card AMD Radeon HD 7750 1Gb

*RAM Kingston 8Gb (Two of 4Gb) 1333

*HDD Western Digital 1Tb (1000 Gb)

*O. S. Windows 7 (x64)

I have it connected by HDMI cable to my Samsung 32' LCD.

I played the heaviest games (like The Witcher 2, Far Cry 3, Crysis 2, etc.) through all this months without a single problem or overheating or anything. But since i've installed (i don't know if it is coincidence) Catalyst latest drivers my monitor turns black, the sound stays crashed for a seconds and then my PC reboots by itself. I have experienced this several times watching fullscreen videos on Google Chrome (not in I. Explorer, when i can watch them with no problem) and playing "Monster Hunter Tri" with the Dolphin Emulator. The crash happens ramdomly after a few seconds or after half an hour. When Windows restarts it tells me that the error is called "BlueScreen".

I've made a temperature scan while playing Monster Hunter Tri (i know that emulators uses a lot of cpu) and my cpu temperature raises to 59° Celsius maximous. The video card stays in 40-45 ° Celsius. When closing the application every temperature goes down to 30-35°C.

Also checked the CPU performance with Prime 65: 8 tests made in 17 minutes resulting in zero errors and zero warnings.

I fully cleaned the PC two days ago.

I really hope you can help me. Thanks.
January 17, 2013 7:30:02 PM

Ok so when you are forcing the GPU, it makes your computer reboot ?

Can you try to plug your computer with a VGA or DVI cable ?

If you can't solve your problem, go in safe mode and uninstall the drivers (if you can't do it normal) and reinstall the latest one (Not the beta one's).

Bluescreen's generally happen (in my case) when something is overheating. Are you sure that everything is going ok with your temps ?

Waiting for update from you.

- The Brownie
m
l
January 17, 2013 10:24:06 PM

I've checked the temperatures rigurously aand i can confirm is not an overheating problem. It is not a GPU forcing problem, i can play Battlefield 3, Far Cry 3, The Witcher 2, TERA Online, Dark Souls, Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012) for hours without any problem.

Today i cleanly reinstalled Windows from zero, hoping this could solve the problem, but it persists.

Until now, it only happens while i watch fullscreen videos on Google Chrome (not on IE), using Dolphin Emulator and watching fullscreen photos with Windows Pictures View.

It's not a performance or temperature problem (fullscreen videos on Chrome doesn't require any of them.

Please, please, please help me. This is really annoying.

Thank you so much for the reply.
m
l
Related resources
January 17, 2013 10:49:38 PM

What is your power supply ? I forgot it but it could be the reason for all this.

- The Brownie
m
l
January 22, 2013 11:30:24 AM

Hello community,

I come back here to tell you that i apparently fixed out the problem. The problem seems to be the GPU driver: a few days ago a new driver update has been released and it fixed the issue.

By the way, the drivers causing me the trouble were Catalyst Software Suite 12.8 and 12.10, while the new 13.10 is the working one.

Thank you so much for your attention.
m
l
!