Sign in with
Your question

Need advice on what prebuilt PC company is the best

Last response: in Systems
September 3, 2012 11:52:06 AM

I need advice on what prebuilt PC brand/company is the best. For example is it Dell, HP ect..? I intend to get a prebuilt computer in the next few weeks because I simply just do not have enough time and knowledge to build my own. The system would be predominantly used for gaming, however I would also using it for watching movies and obviously surfing the web/ watching YouTube videos. I do not intend to use it for video editing or recording gameplay. My budget is around £600 - £650 and please bear in mind that a monitor, keyboard and mouse need to be included in that price.

Thankyou to everyone that shares their opinion, it is much appreciated. :) 
September 3, 2012 12:41:27 PM

very time I try and piece together a PC on one of the big PC manufacturers websites I find myself disappointed with the price you pay for what amounts to questionable low quality parts. I have always felt that you get more bang for your buck by building a PC yourself.

Also TomsH forum members have a high bias towards building a PC from the ground up instead of purchasing a PC from a manufacturer. So all the answers you get will basically say the same thing... BUILD IT YOURSELF!
September 3, 2012 12:59:08 PM

If you feel you totally cannot do it yourself, you can pick the parts and let the shop assemble it for you. It'll cost around 50 bucks and you can have better quality components.
Also, you have individual warranty for each component, and its usually better (3+ years) than having a 1 yr warranty most OEMs will give.
September 3, 2012 1:15:13 PM

Ok, that gives me something to think about. Thankyou both :) 
!