Finalizing Gaming/Video Recording Build

dackattack777

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009
Thank you for the link, but I suppose my ultimate question would be "why are you getting what you're getting compared to my build?"

I see your mention of the cooling of the 670. Does MSI, or any other brand, outperform or have a better warranty policy than EVGA? I don't think cooling will be an issue, will it?

1:i included a better cpu cooler for overclocking. if you dont need it, id suggest not getting one, getting a non k chip instead, and picking a different motherboard
2: motherboard has a couple more features thats about it
3: hard drive speed doesnt matter too much. just saving a buck here and there
4: psu is about as good. not too much of a difference. get what you want. i have used both psus. pretty sure too they are made by the OEM (assuming corsair has switched the hx series to be made by seasonic)
5: i chose a quiet case. its smaller, cheaper, and has a nice window. the define r4 is my personal favourite.
6: msi may not have the best warranty (no free cross shipping and that sort), but id rather get a GPU that can overclock way further and have overvolting support that no other 670 out there has. all 670s out there other than the msi power edition have their voltage locked at 1.175v.

oh and the power edition is much cooler