Sign in with
Your question

Wireless won't work

Last response: in Wireless Networking
October 15, 2011 3:35:57 PM

Hello? Hi, why won't my laptop go wirless, I always have to be plugged in with the ethernet cord.
Thanks

More about : wireless work

a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
October 15, 2011 8:13:52 PM

Is your routers wireless enabled, is the wireless on the laptop enabled, is it detected in device manager and drivers installed?
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
October 15, 2011 8:39:43 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Windows 7 to section Wireless Networking by Area51reopened
Related resources
October 25, 2011 12:42:12 AM

das_stig said:
Is your routers wireless enabled, is the wireless on the laptop enabled, is it detected in device manager and drivers installed?

Yes, my router is in wireless, everything on the router is in working order. And the laptop is in the wireless mode.
What is detected in device manager and drivers ?
Thanks !!!
October 25, 2011 9:49:18 PM

das_stig is asking you to verify that the wireless adapter is showing in your device manager. Go to Control Panel -> Device Manager. Are there any black arrows showing?

Some laptops require you to turn on a switch to enable the wireless adapter. If you post the make/model of your laptop, we can help you much easier.
November 1, 2011 10:31:18 AM

Hi, NO, No black arrows. Now what ? Thanks
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
November 1, 2011 3:14:26 PM

Did you actually try to connect the laptop to your wireless network? What did you do to try to connect it, and what happened?
!