Printing file number and picture number with picture

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
September 17, 2005 3:10:36 AM

My printing program for digital pictures, Adobe Elements 2.0, always
has the picture and file name/number with it. I would like this
information to print on the side of the picture or perhaps in the
border area. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks
Bob AZ
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 5:51:27 AM

Launch Elements and look at:
Help -> Tutorials -> Creating Shapes and Text -> Creating Text

You can then add text in whatever font/size/colour you like, and place
it in the image in a position where it will be least obtrusive.
Pick a colour for the text that will contrast nicely with that
particular part of the image, so it can be read easily. Blue text on a
blue sky won't be much use, for example.
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 1:15:37 PM

Ace <rwatson767@aol.com> wrote:
: My printing program for digital pictures, Adobe Elements 2.0, always
: has the picture and file name/number with it. I would like this
: information to print on the side of the picture or perhaps in the
: border area. Does anyone know how to do this?

I don't think that AE can do this automatically for any full page image. I
believe that if you do a "contact print" the file name can be printed with
the image but other than that it isn't an automatic thing. You can do a
text layer and put the name ontop of the image, but that has to be done
manually and on each image individually.

One solution I have found is to use a program such as Qimage. It is
possible to set this as one of the default settings so that the image name
will be printed in the border of each image (multi images per page up to
multi pages per image). There are probably other programs that will do
this and some may even be free programs. Others will probably inform you
of your various choices in this. Explore and see what program(s) will best
suit your style of printing. What is best for me may not be best for you,
and vise versa. :)

Randy

Randy Berbaum
Champaign, IL