jatindrj

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
I have a Dell Optiplex 980 small form, 8gb ram, i5@3.2ghz, and just ordered a new graphics card. The cards minimum wattage is stated at 400w, but reviewers of the card say that is works at 230-250 as well with no problem. My psu is at 235w and wondering if I should upgrade before I put the card in or see how it works out. I read that the most my computer can handle is 300w and a recommended item was this. Input and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Witcher79

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
I would recommend getting a higher PSU. It cant hurt and you will regret running your video card and system on low power, as you will have to troubleshoot and it can damage components. I would recommend running a PSU at about 400-500watage.

Hi - Your computer psu is limited by the small form factor not watts.
That Seasonic 300 is fine depending on what video card you are
using(you didn't specify)

Tom

remember, the psu only pulls from the wall, the power your
pc components demand from it.

Yes, that psu will fit. 350w is what realhardtechX suggests
for a 7750, but there's headroom built into that. You'll
be OK with the Seasonic 300, especially since most
Seasonic's are capable of greater output than
their rated specs.

Tom

jatindrj

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
I received the psu today and when I went to install it, I noticed that the connector on the motherboard much smaller than the one on the psu. Is this a dell thing? Is there a mini atx adapter I can get for it?

jatindrj

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013

Does it matter that my psu has 24 pins but this has a 20 pin? Do I just disconnect the 4 pin from the 24?

TRENDING THREADS