Sign in with
Your question

Custom built rig power problems

Last response: in Components
January 17, 2013 5:26:03 PM

Hello all, I am unfortunetly having some troubles with a custom build rig of mine. I've had it built for about a year now and It's been working fine. I've recently upgraded the GPU and have had no problems with it either.

Unfortunetly, going back to college I think something may have happened to it. First, I used the wrong power cord that was for a monitor. I figured it would be no big deal as it should have worked. When I plugged everything in, my computer started acting weird. When I turn it on, it turns on for about a second, then turns right back off again. But, after it turns off it turns back on by itself after a second and doesn't sound so good. Also nothing is showing up on my monitor, which is hooked up via HDMI.

I can't really think of what the problem could be besides the PSU, but it's a weird issue seeing as how it turns off then on again.

For those interested, I have a Thermaltake TR2 RX 850W PSU.
a b ) Power supply
January 17, 2013 5:32:26 PM

Have you checked all of the cards seating and connectors? It sounds to me that you may have shaken something loose dutring the move. Reseat all of your cards and check all connectors first.
January 17, 2013 7:58:04 PM

Doesn't look like that's the problem, everything looks securely inserted and connected.
!