I'm so over the trial account restrictions.
I've been playing a 10-day guest pass trial account, and I'm about to go out
and buy a retail version so's I can play me some WoW...I know it comes with
a month free of play time...is this play time restricted (ie., no auction/
trading, no mail, no characters above lvl 20 etc. etc.) just like the 10-day
guest pass?

TIA.

--
http://silentrefusal.tk
or users.tpg.com.au/iaan_w

Dragoncarer wrote:
> I'm so over the trial account restrictions.
> I've been playing a 10-day guest pass trial account, and I'm about to go out
> and buy a retail version so's I can play me some WoW...I know it comes with
> a month free of play time...is this play time restricted (ie., no auction/
> trading, no mail, no characters above lvl 20 etc. etc.) just like the 10-day
> guest pass?
>
> TIA.

No, it is proper play time. They basically included your first monthly
payment in the box price.

warcraft power leveling</a>

> The thing is, with 4 million subscribers, Blizzard should offer the game
> as a free download and only get the monthly payment, since they are
> making oh so much money off it anyway. But I'm glad you are happy, good
> luck on levelling your new chars :)

No one including Blizzard could have ever known that WoW was going to
be this popular !!
If you cannot afford to buy it then you should not be playing it.

"Stavros Christoforou" <stgreek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Dragoncarer wrote:
>> I'm so over the trial account restrictions.
>> I've been playing a 10-day guest pass trial account, and I'm about to go
>> out
>> and buy a retail version so's I can play me some WoW...I know it comes
>> with
>> a month free of play time...is this play time restricted (ie., no
>> auction/
>> trading, no mail, no characters above lvl 20 etc. etc.) just like the
>> 10-day
>> guest pass?
>>
>> TIA.
>>

> No, it is proper play time. They basically included your first monthly
> payment in the box price.

Wooooooo-freakin'-hooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Thanks muchly Stavros....yay for me.
And it also makes the AUD90 price tag that little bit more bearable.

Dragoncarer wrote:
> "Stavros Christoforou" <stgreek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Dragoncarer wrote:
>>
>>>I'm so over the trial account restrictions.
>>>I've been playing a 10-day guest pass trial account, and I'm about to go
>>>out
>>>and buy a retail version so's I can play me some WoW...I know it comes
>>>with
>>>a month free of play time...is this play time restricted (ie., no
>>>auction/
>>>trading, no mail, no characters above lvl 20 etc. etc.) just like the
>>>10-day
>>>guest pass?
>>>
>>>TIA.
>>>

>>No, it is proper play time. They basically included your first monthly
>>payment in the box price.
>

> Wooooooo-freakin'-hooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
>
> Thanks muchly Stavros....yay for me.
> And it also makes the AUD90 price tag that little bit more bearable.

The thing is, with 4 million subscribers, Blizzard should offer the game
as a free download and only get the monthly payment, since they are
making oh so much money off it anyway. But I'm glad you are happy, good
luck on levelling your new chars :)

Mel

Dragoncarer a écrit :
> "Stavros Christoforou" <stgreek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Dragoncarer wrote:
>>
>>>I'm so over the trial account restrictions.
>>>I've been playing a 10-day guest pass trial account, and I'm about to go
>>>out
>>>and buy a retail version so's I can play me some WoW...I know it comes
>>>with
>>>a month free of play time...is this play time restricted (ie., no
>>>auction/
>>>trading, no mail, no characters above lvl 20 etc. etc.) just like the
>>>10-day
>>>guest pass?
>>>
>>>TIA.
>>>

>>No, it is proper play time. They basically included your first monthly
>>payment in the box price.
>

> Wooooooo-freakin'-hooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
>
> Thanks muchly Stavros....yay for me.
> And it also makes the AUD90 price tag that little bit more bearable.

Just out of curiosity; what servers do Aussis play on? I've got an EU
WOW but I'd really like to be able to play with my brother (in Adelaide:
we've figured out that on weekends we'd have a window where the time
differences would be doable)

Would he need to buy a EU box?

thanks

Mage, Kirin Tor

Mel wrote:
> Dragoncarer a écrit :
>
>> "Stavros Christoforou" <stgreek@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> No, it is proper play time. They basically included your first monthly
>>> payment in the box price.
>>

>> Wooooooo-freakin'-hooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
>>
>> Thanks muchly Stavros....yay for me.
>> And it also makes the AUD90 price tag that little bit more bearable.
>>

> Just out of curiosity; what servers do Aussis play on? I've got an EU
> WOW but I'd really like to be able to play with my brother (in Adelaide:
> we've figured out that on weekends we'd have a window where the time
> differences would be doable)
>
> Would he need to buy a EU box?
>

> thanks
>

> Mage, Kirin Tor

Yes, in order to play in EU servers you need an EU box. However, I
believe only the serial changes, so as long as your brother can get an
EU serial (through you, or maybe if they are sold as licences only,
dunno about that), he should be able to connect to EU servers.

Blackrock (PvP) has a good percentage of Aussies/NZers.

NullCone a écrit :
> Blackrock (PvP) has a good percentage of Aussies/NZers.

Yeah but what is Blackrock? Is it an EU or American server? Are there
English language Asian servers?

> "Mel" <melodie@pasdespam.chezmoi> wrote in message
> Dragoncarer a écrit :
>
>>"Stavros Christoforou" <stgreek@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>No, it is proper play time. They basically included your first monthly
>>>payment in the box price.
>>

>>Wooooooo-freakin'-hooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
>>
>>Thanks muchly Stavros....yay for me.
>>And it also makes the AUD90 price tag that little bit more bearable.
>>

> Just out of curiosity; what servers do Aussis play on? I've got an EU
> WOW but I'd really like to be able to play with my brother (in Adelaide:
> we've figured out that on weekends we'd have a window where the time
> differences would be doable)
>
> Would he need to buy a EU box?
>

> thanks
>

> Mage, Kirin Tor

leveling</a>
warcraft power leveling</a>
warcraft gold</a>

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 17:50:56 +0200, Mel <melodie@pasdespam.chezmoi>
wrote:

>NullCone a écrit :
>> Blackrock (PvP) has a good percentage of Aussies/NZers.
>

>Yeah but what is Blackrock? Is it an EU or American server? Are there
>English language Asian servers?

The skippies get the US servers by default - although last patch I had
the option of picking the US or EU realms (i think) didnt try EU as
tbh I only care about the best ping for me.

(Oh - Im a skippy and play on Tich but it can be a pain sometimes with
the time differences due to lack of others about during my play hours,
but meh).

damon

Malcolm McGrath wrote:
> The skippies get the US servers by default - although last patch I had
> the option of picking the US or EU realms (i think) didnt try EU as
> tbh I only care about the best ping for me.
>
> (Oh - Im a skippy and play on Tich but it can be a pain sometimes with
> the time differences due to lack of others about during my play hours,
> but meh).

I had to obtain a US box to play my mate in Chicago but my ping is
usually ok Green or slightly yellow. We have an 8meg conx so pretty
green even while downing torrents in the background and skyping him in
game.

Would like to have got a EU one and still played with him online but he
had to post it to me. etc, and again when my GF (his sister) wanted in
on the action.

Just that the time diff means we only play late on weekend
afternoon/evenings as he doesn't get in till i am going to bed normally

DS

> Dragoncarer wrote:
>> "Stavros Christoforou" <stgreek@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>No, it is proper play time. They basically included your first monthly
>>>payment in the box price.
>>

>> Wooooooo-freakin'-hooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
>>
>> Thanks muchly Stavros....yay for me.
>> And it also makes the AUD90 price tag that little bit more bearable.
>>

> The thing is, with 4 million subscribers, Blizzard should offer the game
> as a free download and only get the monthly payment, since they are
> making oh so much money off it anyway. But I'm glad you are happy, good
> luck on levelling your new chars :)

Thankyou...I currently have a poor wee liddle lvl15 Druid Elf waiting for my
return in the Cenarion Circle on Firetree...

Dragoncarer a écrit :
> "Stavros Christoforou" <stgreek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Dragoncarer wrote:
>>
>>>I'm so over the trial account restrictions.
>>>I've been playing a 10-day guest pass trial account, and I'm about to go
>>>out
>>>and buy a retail version so's I can play me some WoW...I know it comes
>>>with
>>>a month free of play time...is this play time restricted (ie., no
>>>auction/
>>>trading, no mail, no characters above lvl 20 etc. etc.) just like the
>>>10-day
>>>guest pass?
>>>
>>>TIA.
>>>

>>No, it is proper play time. They basically included your first monthly
>>payment in the box price.
>

> Wooooooo-freakin'-hooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
>
> Thanks muchly Stavros....yay for me.
> And it also makes the AUD90 price tag that little bit more bearable.

Just out of curiosity; what servers do Aussis play on? I've got an EU
WOW but I'd really like to be able to play with my brother (in Adelaide:
we've figured out that on weekends we'd have a window where the time
differences would be doable)

Would he need to buy a EU box?

AFAIK we actually connect to the US servers. My brother, myself, his friend
and his girlfriend sometimes play together. We all live pretty close to each
other - around Melbourne.

But I think that if you're on the EU servers, everyone else you play with
would have to also get an EU box. But I'm really just guessing.

thanks

Mage, Kirin Tor

"NullCone" <nullcone@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Blackrock (PvP) has a good percentage of Aussies/NZers.

Blackrock, eh? Hmmmm....I'll keep that in mind.

MEanwhile, can I just say the Tuesday night downtime is unbelievably
frustrating! We need Aussie/ NZ servers! Having to go offline at 10pm
Tuesday for 6 hours is arck!

<lowgarr@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> The thing is, with 4 million subscribers, Blizzard should offer the game
>> as a free download and only get the monthly payment, since they are
>> making oh so much money off it anyway. But I'm glad you are happy, good
>> luck on levelling your new chars :)
>
> No one including Blizzard could have ever known that WoW was going to
> be this popular !!
> If you cannot afford to buy it then you should not be playing it.

*rolls eyes*

lowgarr@shaw.ca wrote:
>>The thing is, with 4 million subscribers, Blizzard should offer the game
>>as a free download and only get the monthly payment, since they are
>>making oh so much money off it anyway. But I'm glad you are happy, good
>>luck on levelling your new chars :)
>

> No one including Blizzard could have ever known that WoW was going to
> be this popular !!
> If you cannot afford to buy it then you should not be playing it.

I am sorry, but what you just said has absolutely no logic. A bad game
is doomed to failure, no matter what you put the box price at, since
word is spread quikly through the net.

Also, all of us that play the game can afford it, since we pay a monthly
fee for it. The point was that Blizzard would actually lure *even more*
people by making the game a free download, since more people would
actually try for themselves and see how good it is before making their
permanenet accounts. Oh, and everyone knew how popular this game was
going to be, judging by the fact that the series is one of the best
selling games of all times. I understand that going the (great)
Battle.Net route was not feasible for Blizz, due to costs, so the other
way round (free box and pay/month instead of paid box and free bnet)
sounds a much better deal for customers around.

On 2005-09-01 17:57:09 +0200, "wow" <genie510@hotmail.com> said:

> warcraft power leveling</a>

lol, talking about lousy service! It takes these guys 23.2 hours to
level an undead priest from level 1 to level 2! And it costs you $24.95
as well...
--
http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU

> lowgarr@shaw.ca wrote:
>>>The thing is, with 4 million subscribers, Blizzard should offer the game
>>>as a free download and only get the monthly payment, since they are
>>>making oh so much money off it anyway. But I'm glad you are happy, good
>>>luck on levelling your new chars :)
>>

>> No one including Blizzard could have ever known that WoW was going to
>> be this popular !!
>> If you cannot afford to buy it then you should not be playing it.
>>

> I am sorry, but what you just said has absolutely no logic. A bad game
> is doomed to failure, no matter what you put the box price at, since
> word is spread quikly through the net.
>
> Also, all of us that play the game can afford it, since we pay a monthly
> fee for it. The point was that Blizzard would actually lure *even more*
> people by making the game a free download, since more people would
> actually try for themselves and see how good it is before making their
> permanenet accounts. Oh, and everyone knew how popular this game was
> going to be, judging by the fact that the series is one of the best
> selling games of all times. I understand that going the (great)
> Battle.Net route was not feasible for Blizz, due to costs, so the other
> way round (free box and pay/month instead of paid box and free bnet)
> sounds a much better deal for customers around.

Bingo! Have a look at how many people are downloading the Anarchy Online
client now that's it been made free until January 2006. Since they did that
several months ago, that client has remained in the top downloads list of
every major game website (eg www.gamespot.com). And it's a very old game
now.

Anywho...I just went and bought my own retail copy! Woo! I traded in
Oddworld: Strangers Wrath (great game btw) which brought the price down to a
nice AUD65...and it does include one month of free play.
I think they've got a winner with the 10-day free guest pass...I used my
brother's, and now look: I'm hooked! I've given mine to a friend at work,
she says she'll install and hopefully we'll be playing together later on
tonight!

In article <2005090213045716807%jack221NOSP@Mhotmailcom>,
Jack D <jack_221NOSP@Mhotmail.com> wrote:

> On 2005-09-01 17:57:09 +0200, "wow" <genie510@hotmail.com> said:

> > warcraft power leveling</a>
>
> lol, talking about lousy service! It takes these guys 23.2 hours to
> level an undead priest from level 1 to level 2! And it costs you $24.95
> as well...

Yeah, but they could get my Lvl 6 warlock to 60 in only 29 days, for
$500+ <G>

--
Nabuu, Tauren druid on Dethecus.
Also (rarely):