Trial account

I'm so over the trial account restrictions.
I've been playing a 10-day guest pass trial account, and I'm about to go out
and buy a retail version so's I can play me some WoW...I know it comes with
a month free of play time...is this play time restricted (ie., no auction/
trading, no mail, no characters above lvl 20 etc. etc.) just like the 10-day
guest pass?

TIA.

--
http://silentrefusal.tk
or users.tpg.com.au/iaan_w

    Dragoncarer wrote:
    > I'm so over the trial account restrictions.
    > I've been playing a 10-day guest pass trial account, and I'm about to go out
    > and buy a retail version so's I can play me some WoW...I know it comes with
    > a month free of play time...is this play time restricted (ie., no auction/
    > trading, no mail, no characters above lvl 20 etc. etc.) just like the 10-day
    > guest pass?
    >
    > TIA.

    No, it is proper play time. They basically included your first monthly
    payment in the box price.

    warcraft power leveling</a>

    > The thing is, with 4 million subscribers, Blizzard should offer the game
    > as a free download and only get the monthly payment, since they are
    > making oh so much money off it anyway. But I'm glad you are happy, good
    > luck on levelling your new chars :)

    No one including Blizzard could have ever known that WoW was going to
    be this popular !!
    If you cannot afford to buy it then you should not be playing it.

    "Stavros Christoforou" <stgreek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Dragoncarer wrote:
    >> I'm so over the trial account restrictions.
    >> I've been playing a 10-day guest pass trial account, and I'm about to go
    >> out
    >> and buy a retail version so's I can play me some WoW...I know it comes
    >> with
    >> a month free of play time...is this play time restricted (ie., no
    >> auction/
    >> trading, no mail, no characters above lvl 20 etc. etc.) just like the
    >> 10-day
    >> guest pass?
    >>
    >> TIA.
    >>

    > No, it is proper play time. They basically included your first monthly
    > payment in the box price.

    Wooooooo-freakin'-hooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

    Thanks muchly Stavros....yay for me.
    And it also makes the AUD90 price tag that little bit more bearable.

    Dragoncarer a écrit :
    > "Stavros Christoforou" <stgreek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Dragoncarer wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm so over the trial account restrictions.
    >>>I've been playing a 10-day guest pass trial account, and I'm about to go
    >>>out
    >>>and buy a retail version so's I can play me some WoW...I know it comes
    >>>with
    >>>a month free of play time...is this play time restricted (ie., no
    >>>auction/
    >>>trading, no mail, no characters above lvl 20 etc. etc.) just like the
    >>>10-day
    >>>guest pass?
    >>>
    >>>TIA.
    >>>

    >>No, it is proper play time. They basically included your first monthly
    >>payment in the box price.
    >

    > Wooooooo-freakin'-hooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    >
    > Thanks muchly Stavros....yay for me.
    > And it also makes the AUD90 price tag that little bit more bearable.

    Just out of curiosity; what servers do Aussis play on? I've got an EU
    WOW but I'd really like to be able to play with my brother (in Adelaide:
    we've figured out that on weekends we'd have a window where the time
    differences would be doable)

    Would he need to buy a EU box?

    thanks

    Mage, Kirin Tor

    Mel wrote:
    > Dragoncarer a écrit :
    >
    >> "Stavros Christoforou" <stgreek@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> No, it is proper play time. They basically included your first monthly
    >>> payment in the box price.
    >>

    >> Wooooooo-freakin'-hooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    >>
    >> Thanks muchly Stavros....yay for me.
    >> And it also makes the AUD90 price tag that little bit more bearable.
    >>

    > Just out of curiosity; what servers do Aussis play on? I've got an EU
    > WOW but I'd really like to be able to play with my brother (in Adelaide:
    > we've figured out that on weekends we'd have a window where the time
    > differences would be doable)
    >
    > Would he need to buy a EU box?
    >

    > thanks
    >

    > Mage, Kirin Tor

    Yes, in order to play in EU servers you need an EU box. However, I
    believe only the serial changes, so as long as your brother can get an
    EU serial (through you, or maybe if they are sold as licences only,
    dunno about that), he should be able to connect to EU servers.

    Blackrock (PvP) has a good percentage of Aussies/NZers.

    NullCone a écrit :
    > Blackrock (PvP) has a good percentage of Aussies/NZers.

    Yeah but what is Blackrock? Is it an EU or American server? Are there
    English language Asian servers?

    > "Mel" <melodie@pasdespam.chezmoi> wrote in message
    > Dragoncarer a écrit :
    >
    >>"Stavros Christoforou" <stgreek@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>>No, it is proper play time. They basically included your first monthly
    >>>payment in the box price.
    >>

    >>Wooooooo-freakin'-hooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    >>
    >>Thanks muchly Stavros....yay for me.
    >>And it also makes the AUD90 price tag that little bit more bearable.
    >>

    > Just out of curiosity; what servers do Aussis play on? I've got an EU
    > WOW but I'd really like to be able to play with my brother (in Adelaide:
    > we've figured out that on weekends we'd have a window where the time
    > differences would be doable)
    >
    > Would he need to buy a EU box?
    >

    > thanks
    >

    > Mage, Kirin Tor

    leveling</a>
    warcraft power leveling</a>
    warcraft gold</a>

    On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 17:50:56 +0200, Mel <melodie@pasdespam.chezmoi>
    wrote:

    >NullCone a écrit :
    >> Blackrock (PvP) has a good percentage of Aussies/NZers.
    >

    >Yeah but what is Blackrock? Is it an EU or American server? Are there
    >English language Asian servers?

    The skippies get the US servers by default - although last patch I had
    the option of picking the US or EU realms (i think) didnt try EU as
    tbh I only care about the best ping for me.

    (Oh - Im a skippy and play on Tich but it can be a pain sometimes with
    the time differences due to lack of others about during my play hours,
    but meh).

    Malcolm McGrath wrote:
    > The skippies get the US servers by default - although last patch I had
    > the option of picking the US or EU realms (i think) didnt try EU as
    > tbh I only care about the best ping for me.
    >
    > (Oh - Im a skippy and play on Tich but it can be a pain sometimes with
    > the time differences due to lack of others about during my play hours,
    > but meh).

    I had to obtain a US box to play my mate in Chicago but my ping is
    usually ok Green or slightly yellow. We have an 8meg conx so pretty
    green even while downing torrents in the background and skyping him in
    game.

    Would like to have got a EU one and still played with him online but he
    had to post it to me. etc, and again when my GF (his sister) wanted in
    on the action.

    Just that the time diff means we only play late on weekend
    afternoon/evenings as he doesn't get in till i am going to bed normally

    DS

    > Dragoncarer wrote:
    >> "Stavros Christoforou" <stgreek@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>>No, it is proper play time. They basically included your first monthly
    >>>payment in the box price.
    >>

    >> Wooooooo-freakin'-hooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    >>
    >> Thanks muchly Stavros....yay for me.
    >> And it also makes the AUD90 price tag that little bit more bearable.
    >>

    > The thing is, with 4 million subscribers, Blizzard should offer the game
    > as a free download and only get the monthly payment, since they are
    > making oh so much money off it anyway. But I'm glad you are happy, good
    > luck on levelling your new chars :)

    Thankyou...I currently have a poor wee liddle lvl15 Druid Elf waiting for my
    return in the Cenarion Circle on Firetree...

    Dragoncarer a écrit :
    > "Stavros Christoforou" <stgreek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Dragoncarer wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm so over the trial account restrictions.
    >>>I've been playing a 10-day guest pass trial account, and I'm about to go
    >>>out
    >>>and buy a retail version so's I can play me some WoW...I know it comes
    >>>with
    >>>a month free of play time...is this play time restricted (ie., no
    >>>auction/
    >>>trading, no mail, no characters above lvl 20 etc. etc.) just like the
    >>>10-day
    >>>guest pass?
    >>>
    >>>TIA.
    >>>

    >>No, it is proper play time. They basically included your first monthly
    >>payment in the box price.
    >

    > Wooooooo-freakin'-hooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    >
    > Thanks muchly Stavros....yay for me.
    > And it also makes the AUD90 price tag that little bit more bearable.

    Just out of curiosity; what servers do Aussis play on? I've got an EU
    WOW but I'd really like to be able to play with my brother (in Adelaide:
    we've figured out that on weekends we'd have a window where the time
    differences would be doable)

    Would he need to buy a EU box?

    AFAIK we actually connect to the US servers. My brother, myself, his friend
    and his girlfriend sometimes play together. We all live pretty close to each
    other - around Melbourne.

    But I think that if you're on the EU servers, everyone else you play with
    would have to also get an EU box. But I'm really just guessing.

    thanks

    Mage, Kirin Tor

    "NullCone" <nullcone@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Blackrock (PvP) has a good percentage of Aussies/NZers.

    Blackrock, eh? Hmmmm....I'll keep that in mind.

    MEanwhile, can I just say the Tuesday night downtime is unbelievably
    frustrating! We need Aussie/ NZ servers! Having to go offline at 10pm
    Tuesday for 6 hours is arck!

    <lowgarr@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    >> The thing is, with 4 million subscribers, Blizzard should offer the game
    >> as a free download and only get the monthly payment, since they are
    >> making oh so much money off it anyway. But I'm glad you are happy, good
    >> luck on levelling your new chars :)
    >
    > No one including Blizzard could have ever known that WoW was going to
    > be this popular !!
    > If you cannot afford to buy it then you should not be playing it.

    *rolls eyes*

    lowgarr@shaw.ca wrote:
    >>The thing is, with 4 million subscribers, Blizzard should offer the game
    >>as a free download and only get the monthly payment, since they are
    >>making oh so much money off it anyway. But I'm glad you are happy, good
    >>luck on levelling your new chars :)
    >

    > No one including Blizzard could have ever known that WoW was going to
    > be this popular !!
    > If you cannot afford to buy it then you should not be playing it.

    I am sorry, but what you just said has absolutely no logic. A bad game
    is doomed to failure, no matter what you put the box price at, since
    word is spread quikly through the net.

    Also, all of us that play the game can afford it, since we pay a monthly
    fee for it. The point was that Blizzard would actually lure *even more*
    people by making the game a free download, since more people would
    actually try for themselves and see how good it is before making their
    permanenet accounts. Oh, and everyone knew how popular this game was
    going to be, judging by the fact that the series is one of the best
    selling games of all times. I understand that going the (great)
    Battle.Net route was not feasible for Blizz, due to costs, so the other
    way round (free box and pay/month instead of paid box and free bnet)
    sounds a much better deal for customers around.

    On 2005-09-01 17:57:09 +0200, "wow" <genie510@hotmail.com> said:

    > warcraft power leveling</a>

    lol, talking about lousy service! It takes these guys 23.2 hours to
    level an undead priest from level 1 to level 2! And it costs you $24.95
    as well...
    --
    http://www.new-roots.com/
    Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU

    > lowgarr@shaw.ca wrote:
    >>>The thing is, with 4 million subscribers, Blizzard should offer the game
    >>>as a free download and only get the monthly payment, since they are
    >>>making oh so much money off it anyway. But I'm glad you are happy, good
    >>>luck on levelling your new chars :)
    >>

    >> No one including Blizzard could have ever known that WoW was going to
    >> be this popular !!
    >> If you cannot afford to buy it then you should not be playing it.
    >>

    > I am sorry, but what you just said has absolutely no logic. A bad game
    > is doomed to failure, no matter what you put the box price at, since
    > word is spread quikly through the net.
    >
    > Also, all of us that play the game can afford it, since we pay a monthly
    > fee for it. The point was that Blizzard would actually lure *even more*
    > people by making the game a free download, since more people would
    > actually try for themselves and see how good it is before making their
    > permanenet accounts. Oh, and everyone knew how popular this game was
    > going to be, judging by the fact that the series is one of the best
    > selling games of all times. I understand that going the (great)
    > Battle.Net route was not feasible for Blizz, due to costs, so the other
    > way round (free box and pay/month instead of paid box and free bnet)
    > sounds a much better deal for customers around.

    Bingo! Have a look at how many people are downloading the Anarchy Online
    client now that's it been made free until January 2006. Since they did that
    several months ago, that client has remained in the top downloads list of
    every major game website (eg www.gamespot.com). And it's a very old game
    now.

    Anywho...I just went and bought my own retail copy! Woo! I traded in
    Oddworld: Strangers Wrath (great game btw) which brought the price down to a
    nice AUD65...and it does include one month of free play.
    I think they've got a winner with the 10-day free guest pass...I used my
    brother's, and now look: I'm hooked! I've given mine to a friend at work,
    she says she'll install and hopefully we'll be playing together later on
    tonight!

    In article <2005090213045716807%jack221NOSP@Mhotmailcom>,
    Jack D <jack_221NOSP@Mhotmail.com> wrote:

    > On 2005-09-01 17:57:09 +0200, "wow" <genie510@hotmail.com> said:

    > > warcraft power leveling</a>
    >
    > lol, talking about lousy service! It takes these guys 23.2 hours to
    > level an undead priest from level 1 to level 2! And it costs you $24.95
    > as well...

    Yeah, but they could get my Lvl 6 warlock to 60 in only 29 days, for
    $500+ <G>

    --
    Nabuu, Tauren druid on Dethecus.
    Also (rarely):