WMP and IE music links

July 20, 2005 5:47:36 AM

Before I upgraded my system to XP SP2, when I clicked a mp3 link or any
media file links I usually prompted a message for me to either download
OR play this file. After the upgrade I don't get the prompt anymore but
Windows Media Player start to play immediately. :mad:

I would like to have the prior option. Thanks for any helps. :D

--
trauden

More about : wmp music links

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 4:04:17 PM

To enable the open / save prompt for .mp3 files, try this:

Open Control Panel, double-click Folder Options
Click the File Types dialog
Select MP3 (MP3 Format Sound)
Click the Advanced button
Enable the option Confirm open after download
Click OK, OK to close the dialog.

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org