WMP and IE music links

Before I upgraded my system to XP SP2, when I clicked a mp3 link or any
media file links I usually prompted a message for me to either download
OR play this file. After the upgrade I don't get the prompt anymore but
Windows Media Player start to play immediately. :mad:

I would like to have the prior option. Thanks for any helps. :D

--
trauden
1 answer Last reply

    To enable the open / save prompt for .mp3 files, try this:

    Open Control Panel, double-click Folder Options
    Click the File Types dialog
    Select MP3 (MP3 Format Sound)
    Click the Advanced button
    Enable the option Confirm open after download
    Click OK, OK to close the dialog.

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "trauden" <trauden.1sgdpp@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > Before I upgraded my system to XP SP2, when I clicked a mp3 link or any
    > media file links I usually prompted a message for me to either download
    > OR play this file. After the upgrade I don't get the prompt anymore but
    > Windows Media Player start to play immediately. :mad:
    >
    > I would like to have the prior option. Thanks for any helps. :D
    >

    > --
    > trauden

Configuration Internet Explorer Music Customization Windows XP