GTX 460 driver failing during video.

mogashi

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
Hey!

I have a GTX 460 that is failing on me. It only fails when I watch a video, playing games for hours is fine.

I get a message like, "Your video driver has crashed and restarted", something like that.

Sometimes I can watch a video for half an hour before it happens, sometimes it happens after a couple of seconds.
When it happens the sound usually starts to stutter and the computer freezes up.

But not always, sometimes the screen just goes black then back again and the video is still rolling but it's all green.

I have no idea what to do. Temperatures are fine, I've used a driver cleaner then reinstalled graphic drivers, still problems. :(

Hopefully someone here knows how to solve this, thanks!

mogashi

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012

I'm using the cccp-project.net package. The player that comes with that is Media Player Classic.

I using 301.42 too.

mogashi

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012

Are you sure? Because it happens when I play YouTube videos as well.

dingo07

Distinguished
no, not 100% sure - when did this start happening? what software did you add, or what updates did you install, or what drivers did you install? I need more info to try and figure it out, because it could be any number of things causing it.

Look in Event Viewer and see if you can find an error that might point to the root of the problem.