Sign in with
Your question

GTX, AMD,SLI,CF..........

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 16, 2012 11:22:41 AM

hey everybody, have some trouble chooseing the right graphic card for my self, but i do have some ideas for what i could be, (budget is around the 450 dollars)

PLaning on buying GTX 560 ti SLI--------------the first to setup at the top here, is more economicel for me, because, i will fist buy one of them and wait until i feel like i ned more power and then buy an other one.
Radeon HD 7850 Crossfire

MSI Radeon HD 7870 OC----- these down here, in the other hand, is more like one shot on kill you know.
MSI GTX 570 OC/PE

More about : gtx amd sli

a b U Graphics card
July 16, 2012 11:28:32 AM

At $450 get a 670. Or maybe a ghz edition 7970 depending on their price points. But at $400 its tough to beat the 670. SLI'ing 560s I think would be a big mistake, as there is no upgrade path without replacing them both or doing Tri SLI. Go with a single card, the best you can afford.
July 16, 2012 12:50:46 PM

vrumor said:
At $450 get a 670. Or maybe a ghz edition 7970 depending on their price points. But at $400 its tough to beat the 670. SLI'ing 560s I think would be a big mistake, as there is no upgrade path without replacing them both or doing Tri SLI. Go with a single card, the best you can afford.

you cant tri sli 560ti's
Related resources
July 16, 2012 12:59:07 PM

LabbaGames said:
hey everybody, have some trouble chooseing the right graphic card for my self, but i do have some ideas for what i could be, (budget is around the 450 dollars)

PLaning on buying GTX 560 ti SLI--------------the first to setup at the top here, is more economicel for me, because, i will fist buy one of them and wait until i feel like i ned more power and then buy an other one.
Radeon HD 7850 Crossfire

MSI Radeon HD 7870 OC----- these down here, in the other hand, is more like one shot on kill you know.
MSI GTX 570 OC/PE

I would say normally that is a good deal, because I used to have dual 260's and did the same thing. The only problem is that nVidia plans to release the 660 Ti in around November, which could be a problem depending on when you were going to purchase the graphics card, because it might not be available as easily next year.

Also I have to say after having 260's for a couple years that it seems that my new cards freeze in gaes more oftn (not a lot just more often than the 260's) but I am not sure if that is just the drivers which after a while the 260's were more stable or not.
July 16, 2012 1:06:19 PM

I have a 560 ti sli setup which I had one card and then added another. They work very well and scaling is good, with most games being cranked up as far as they will go. A word of warning though is that if you set your heart on one of these cards make sure you at least get the 2gb version as both mine are only the 1gb ones and I do run into a vram wall on certain games (Battlefield 3, Metro 2033, Max Payne 3). That is not to say that the games do not look amazing, as they still do but if I was in your situation now I would follow vrumour's advice and get the best single card you can and worry about sli/crossfire when and if you start to struggle to get your required settings.
July 16, 2012 7:07:05 PM

Actually let me correct something I said. The 660 Ti comes out in August supposedly. So I would honestly wait till then.
July 16, 2012 8:47:37 PM

Since your budget is $450, you might as well go with the gtx 670 (best card in that price range). But, depending on the rest of your set up and how you plan on using it, you might not even need a card that nice.

As for getting another 560, I agree with the above posters. The way things are priced right now vs the quality of the cards as price increases, it just doesn't make financial sense to go sli/cf right now. You're much better off performance-wise and wallet-wise sticking with a single card.
!