Sign in with
Your question

CPU fan extremely loud

Last response: in Components
January 17, 2013 9:31:11 PM

My fans are quiet during boot, when I get into Bios go at 667 RPM. They are about the same until I get into windows, its not even right when I get into windows, it waits for about 10-20 seconds and then goes at 2300 rpm. My temps aren't going up before they kick on and I think it has to do with a program of some sort. The problem is is that I don't have any programs that can change CPU fan speed, (until I got speedfan as a counter to this problem(didn't work)).
How can I force low speeds/ know whats making my fan kick on so loud/fast?
Thanks in Advance!

Relevent Parts:

CPU: i5 2500K
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-v
Heatsink: Sideon 120mm water Cooler Master

More about : cpu fan extremely loud

a b à CPUs
January 17, 2013 9:54:17 PM

I don't know of any software that can change system fan speed (you can use a fan controller though), as the system fan RPM simply changes based on voltage being applied, assuming you don't have a PWM fan (fans that change RPM based on load/heat) then your fans could just be that way naturally as alot of fans will stay at a full 12v once booted.

m
l
January 17, 2013 10:35:06 PM

double check in your bios. there may be a setting you need to adjust, along the lines of OS controlled fan. I think that if Windows can control the speed and power state of the CPU, then there might be an option for OS controlled CPU fan.
m
l
!