New computer turns On and Off, over and over. No display.

Zylaphone

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Howdy fellas, I'm back in need of some more help. I've recently tried to assemble a computer and ended up returning a bad motherboard and getting a different one. But now I've a new problem here.

Here's the problem: After connecting everything, I press the switch, the case light turns on. The GPU, CPU, PSU fans all spin for several moments, then they stop and begin anew. This happens constantly and without any kind of display. I have no onboard speaker with which to indicate my problem here, unfortunately.

This is the list of components: http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/879/computertl.png
In addition I now have a Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H LGA1155.

I haven't done much here, I've taken the mobo out of the case and onto the box. I've checked connections and searched for bent pins. Could it be that you need to reapply thermal paste for the stock cooler since I've taken it out multiple times and had it sit for a week while waiting for the new motherboard? The PSU was fine providing power to the other motherboard, but it could be the problem here, right? I'm also worried that my method for assembling all this is what's wrong here, not the components - this is my first time after all.

Help a brother out here gents, I'm at the end of my rope here. I've no idea what to do.

lourendo

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
try reapplying the thermal paste. make sure the proper standoffs are installed and that there are no loose screws shorting out the mobo. make sure your 4 pin power cable is connected to the mobo. sounds like a bad psu to me but you said its tested and working. so i dont know