How to know if my video card is broken

bravo497

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
Hello,
hey if i turn on my computer and it doesn't send any signal to the moniter is it a damaged video card or a power supply gone bad???

do the pc beep at you. is any of the fans on. on the mb is there any fault led or error codes showing?? with the pc off if you remove the video card does the mb beep at you (cmos beep code failure). if the mb does not then it may be a dead power supply and not your video card. have you tried your monitor on another pc to see if the monitor failed. and have you placed another monitor on your pc??

bravo497

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012

thanks for your conserns. it does not beep at me it yust turns on the fan like if were gonna boot up and then it never sends anything to the moniter. i have tried the moniter with other computers and it works perfectly. i tried conecting it to another moniter and nothing. when i remove the video card should the power supply be on for the mb to beep??

with the power off. pull the video card. with the card removed and the system on it should beep at you if your mb has a system speeker. if there no speaker see if there any fault led or led codes on the mb. video cards when they fail most time will give you scrammled video on the monitor or a cmos post beep failure..do to the fan or part failing on the gpu. with pc most time it a leg on the power supply that fails. most time you have to use a muilt meter to read the voltage or take the power supply in to a local shop and have them load test it.

bravo497

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
thanks smorizio i just opened it to find out that it does not have a video card i think it was using the mb to process video i will be checking the power supply once i get the multymeter... could there be anything else causing this problem??

bravo497

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012

hey thanks for all your pointers they were really helpfull turns out the hdd had alot of viruses when i decided to salvage the memory on my laptop so i just deleted the viruses using my laptops antivirus kaspersky and know its up and runing again. who knew viruses could do that??