Hello, Need an graphics upgradation for my pentium4 CPU.

jaykbeherajb

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
Hello There... From India... :hello:
I have a really really old PC. :(
Bought around 7years ago and getting it upgraded as requirement. OS using is Windows XP professional SP2.

With configuration of:
>System Manufacturer: INTEL
>Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
>Memory: 1016MB RAM (upgraded from 512MB)
>Page File: 474MB used, 1972MB available
>DirectX version: DirectX 9.0c

Display:
>Device Name: Intel(R) 82845G graphics controller
>Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
>Chip Type: Intel(R) 82845G/GL Chip
>DAC Type: Internal
>Approx. Total Memory: 64MB (very low... i think :??: )
>Current Display Mode: 1152 x 864 (32bit) (60Hz)

I want this upgrade for gaming purpose. Games like NFS Underground, NFS MW, NFS Carbon, IGI 2&3.

if any more information is required, then please tell...
So my question is that, i am using this old PC and want a GEforce Nvidia 8400GS(1GB) Graphics card upgrade. So suggest me some good graphics card with a limited buget and if i can go for a GEforce Nvidia 8400GS graphics card model?
and if it will support my motherboard and what more upgradation do i need(in a budget). please recommend. Thanx before... :)

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
In all honesty I think you are asking a great deal from an old PC. You may be able to pick up a used AGP card but not sure whether you will see any benefit as your processor may hold you back and AGP is an old interface that imo struggle to keep up with the games that you want to play.

You will not be able to get a PCi-e bus extention as far as I know and your only real solution would be to get a new processor and motherboard with at least pci-e 2.0 support. This will enable you then add any graphics card of your choice such as the 8400gs that you mentioned. If you were to upgrade then your best option would be to move to amd components if on a tight budget as Intel are more expensive across the board. Do you have a budget figure and might be able to help find best solution to money available (although I am not familiar with pricing structures in India unfortunately) but would be happy to try and help.