How do I set up to auto start my computer at a specific ti..

I hope this does not seem like a dumb question as I am fairly new to PC's. I
am trying to set up my computer to startup at a certain time everyday. I
would have thought that a control panel would allow me to set this up fairly
easily, but maybe I am missing simething.

I am running a Sony Vaio 3.6 GHz with 2 GB memory running XP Pro 2005 Media
Center Edition with Service Pack 2.

I hope this is the right forum to be posting this question too.

Thanks for any help you can give.
1 answer Last reply
More about auto start computer specific

    On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:00:01 -0700, Bob Noyes wrote:

    > I hope this does not seem like a dumb question as I am fairly new to PC's. I
    > am trying to set up my computer to startup at a certain time everyday. I
    > would have thought that a control panel would allow me to set this up fairly
    > easily, but maybe I am missing simething.
    >
    > I am running a Sony Vaio 3.6 GHz with 2 GB memory running XP Pro 2005 Media
    > Center Edition with Service Pack 2.
    >
    > I hope this is the right forum to be posting this question too.
    >
    > Thanks for any help you can give.

    This is not a function of the operating system, Windows. Some motherboards
    have a BIOS setting to "wake on RTC" or similar wording. RTC=real time
    clock. Check system manual for details.

    Using Windows, you could place the system into standby and have it "wake
    up" to perform a task using Task Scheduler. Must be logged on to an
    administrator account that has a password to successfully create a working
    scheduled task.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Configuration Computers Customization Windows XP