Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Motherboard mounting problems

Last response: in Components
January 17, 2013 10:04:57 PM

I am doing my first build and made sure i researched a lot first so i wouldnt have too many problems but it turns out that i cant even get my motherboard mounted. i have a cougar evoultion case and a gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3. when i try and get it in place i have to put standoffs wherever it is labled inside the case i believe, and there are raised dimples that i believe would need the standoffs but with them in it board wont fit correctly. i am placing the standoffs in the correct spots for an atx board so i cant understand why it wont fit :??: 
January 17, 2013 11:51:32 PM

The case won't tell you where to put your standoffs. Remove them all at first and then put your motherboard down in your case. Wherever there are wholes for screw means that there is supposed to be a standoff. Locate all of them and put them in place where the motherboard tell you to do, not the case.

This might help you :

- The Brownie
January 18, 2013 9:33:57 AM

Inside the case it says A for atx and M for micro-atx, so mine does happen to tell me where to screw in the motherboard, I actually figured this out after a few more hours with google lol. I was supposed to only put two standoffs in, the other holes were raised up to the height of the standoffs already so none were needed there, I still appreciate the help bromeh and I am now working on getting the pieces to fit a noctua d14 to my lga1155 board since I was went one for a 2011 instead :( 
Related resources

Best solution

January 18, 2013 7:51:10 PM

Sleeplessdeath said:
Inside the case it says A for atx and M for micro-atx, so mine does happen to tell me where to screw in the motherboard, I actually figured this out after a few more hours with google lol. I was supposed to only put two standoffs in, the other holes were raised up to the height of the standoffs already so none were needed there, I still appreciate the help bromeh and I am now working on getting the pieces to fit a noctua d14 to my lga1155 board since I was went one for a 2011 instead :( 

That's good that you figured it out but tou should be really sure because you can short your mobo if it's not good. Also screw them a little tight to be sure they won't go out if you unscrew the motherboard screws. Your best guess is Youtube. If you can't figure it out with the instructions, type it on youtube.

- The Brownie
January 18, 2013 11:48:09 PM

Best answer selected by sleeplessdeath.
!