Sign in with
Your question
Solved

First build issues

Last response: in Components
January 18, 2013 3:26:37 AM

Ok, so this is my first build, Fx-4170, 16 gigs of G.Skill Ram, ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX Motherboard a Roswell Green series 630W PSU 80+ certified and a HIS ghz series 7770 and . The problem im having is that, when i plug it in and try to boot it up, all i get are the fans going on and off, on and off, real fast, like i am turning the computer on really fast a bunch of times. it only seems to happen when i have the 7770 in but when i don't the integrated graphics wont show a picture on my screen, i have checked all the connections, i have used different outlets, and i cant just seem to figure it out. if you have any questions please ask, i just want to have a good First build lol. :pfff: 

More about : build issues

Best solution

a c 148 ) Power supply
January 19, 2013 2:27:03 AM

It sounds like it might be a bad board. Breadboard it outside the case on a soft non-conductive surface. Install just the CPU, cooler, memory, PSU (24 pin and 4/8 pin), monitor to on-board. Short the 2 pins for a sec. that the pwr sw. would connect to to start the system.* (Same 2 pins for several seconds to shut down) The sys should come on and you should see the boot screen.

If you can't get a display, you probably need to RMA the board. CPUs are far less likely to be bad than boards.

* You could also use the cable from your case's pwr button if you can get the board close enough, if you don't like shorting the pins.
January 25, 2013 10:59:51 PM

Best answer selected by Zman101.
m
l
!