Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cooler Master
  • Fan
  • Power
  • Components
Last response: in Components
January 18, 2013 3:38:36 AM

I have the cooler master extreme power plus 500w, but idk if that will work and it is pretty loud! If my cooler master psu will work fine I will probably keep it even though it is a terrible psu. Is it normal for the fan to be pretty loud? It doesn't buzz or sound like it's rubbing it is just a loud fan noise even when I'm just browsing the internet. I will buy a better power supply and return that one if the fan being loud isn't normal and if it won't work for the 7850. I believe it is rated at around 430 watts and I'm running an A-6 3650 apu so my system doesn't need much power, but I'm still not sure if it will work alright.

More about : psu good 7850

Best solution

January 18, 2013 5:54:02 AM

That should be plenty of power for the 7850, When they recommend like a 430 watt or better PSU, They have already taken into account the other hardware running off the power supply. As far as the fan noise, My wife's computer case is a cooler master with cooler master fans and it sounds like a jet taking off. I believe that is just a cooler master drawback but they are releasing better and quieter fans soon that I seen on CES videos.
January 18, 2013 6:10:25 AM

Truckinupga said:
That should be plenty of power for the 7850, When they recommend like a 430 watt or better PSU, They have already taken into account the other hardware running off the power supply. As far as the fan noise, My wife's computer case is a cooler master with cooler master fans and it sounds like a jet taking off. I believe that is just a cooler master drawback but they are releasing better and quieter fans soon that I seen on CES videos.

I didn't think I would be able to, but I was able to squeeze in a Corsair cx600 psu without going over budget. I found another 7850 that was about $20 cheaper so it left room for a psu. I am just gonna return the cooler master psu. Hopefully the cx600 is quieter and I am getting more watts with it so I feel safer. Thanks for the reply though!
m
l
Related resources
January 18, 2013 6:12:45 AM

Best answer selected by synyst3r1.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 18, 2013 6:43:57 AM

Good thing you didn't used the CM extreme psu. They're even more terrible than thei GX units
m
l
January 18, 2013 7:38:01 AM

EzioAs said:
Good thing you didn't used the CM extreme psu. They're even more terrible than thei GX units

Yeah I didn't realize how terrible it was until after I bought it. It was kind of an impulse buy because of how cheap it was and the ratings were actually good on amazon. I did more research after I got it because it was very loud and realized how bad it really was. It's early enough to return it though so I'm gonna be sending it back sometime Saturday.
m
l
January 19, 2013 2:46:54 AM

synyst3r1 said:
I didn't think I would be able to, but I was able to squeeze in a Corsair cx600 psu without going over budget. I found another 7850 that was about $20 cheaper so it left room for a psu. I am just gonna return the cooler master psu. Hopefully the cx600 is quieter and I am getting more watts with it so I feel safer. Thanks for the reply though!

Great decision on the Corsair PSU, Its always best to have the extra headroom and Corsair is a great product. Also congrats on finding a lower priced 7850. Thank you for marking me down for best answer and enjoy you upgrades. :D 
m
l