BSOD'S, crashes, Errors. What's wrong?

GoGetLost

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
Hey. 3 years ago I bought and built my second pc. And I have never got it fo fully work for more then 2 weeks without Bsod's or crashes.

My specs:

Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4, Socket-AM2+/AM3
Corsair Powersupply HX 750W
AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition
Corsair TWIN2X PC6400 DDR2 4GB KIT CL5 - 2 kits for a total of 8 gb
Western Digital Caviar® GreenPower? 1TB - 2 of them
SAPPHIRE RADEON HD5450 1GB DDR3 PCI-E VGA/DVI/HDMI SILENCE LP
SILVERSTONE HTPC SST-LC17B ATX BLACK

Windows 7 x64 (right now)

I really don't know what the problem/problems are and would really would like to know. Been thinking about buying a new motherboard in case it's something wrong with the one I got.

My problems are like the title, Bsod's, errors and all kinds of stuff.

I have tried windows 7 before, 3 years ago. then I had serious problem of installing it from a usb memory, It stopped loading, crashed or said that files were missing. When I finally got it installed it randomly crashed.

After that I have tried (bear with me)

Ubuntu
Kubuntu
Fedora
Linux mint
Mandriva Linux
OpenSuse
Debian
XBMC LIVE
XBMCbuntu

After every install of Linus the computer started to crash or show some random errors, could not read memory, so on and so forth

After that I tried windows 7 x64 AGAIN, with no success .

Then I tried Windows 8 Consumer preview x64 which actually worked for 2- 3 weeks without any bsod's or errors of any kind. Then it began suddenly. First it crashed maybe 1 time per day but in the end it crashed 6 times in 30 minutes.

Then I re installed windows 7 x64... Again.

It works great the first day. I install ati drivers, comodo internet security, firefox, winrar and nothing more. The second day it starts to crash just like before. 5 - 6 times in under 30 minutes.

And the crashes are kinda different too. Sometimes firefox crashes and brings up the crash report and if I hit restart it brings up another crash report until the computer crashes.

Many times I'm watching a movie and the picture is getting all kinds of distortion and weird colors and lines. This would suggest my ram or gpu card but I've bought a new card this February because the old one was defect with the fan starting (sometimes o_O) on 100% and didn't go down to working speed, plus that I didn't get a picture. But sometimes it worked.

Then sometimes I get BSODS, sometimes it just restarts then showing windows recovery and BCCcode. And sometimes when I leave the computer on for 5 minutes and comes back to it later it's got a black screen and there's nothing I can do about it. The reset and power button on the case don't do anything at that point. If I don't hold the power button in for a couple of seconds and then starts it again.

I have run memtest 86+ for 23 hrs with all the memory attached - No errors
Checked the hard drives - No errors

I'm gonna test the computer with my old ram sticks from the other computer but since I did run memtest86+ there shouldn't be any errors with the ram stick or ram modules on the motherboard.

Then I've been looking at the DMP files to see if its some sorts of driver that's the problem but I'm probably gonna need help figuring that out.

Right now my computer is in kinda pieces and I have unplugged every connector to everything and are gonna connect them again. Plus I'm gonna blow out some dust that I saw in the case

I've got all the recent DMP files if anyone wanna take a look at them for me? :whistle:

GoGetLost

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012

I think I've solved it. It was my built in FireWire in the front of my case