Sign in with
Your question

Help: Swapped Case, PC Restarts Randomly

Last response: in Systems
September 3, 2012 8:15:58 PM

Hello again, I successfully moved and plugged everything from the HP p6110y to the Antec ONE, so I deleted that thread.

The computer works great, just like it did in its former case, except for one issue- It restarted when I tried to update Avast, and I managed to successfully update a second time, but it restarted again after I tried to run Chrome (Among other applications and programs, such as Deus Ex).

Before it turned on the very first time, it went into Windows Repair mode, and fixed any problems it supposedly detected.

I tried restarting in Safe Mode, but it said that it couldn't contact the Sens server.

I will post any additional details if necessary.

Once again, any help would be appreciated and I thank anyone who helps in advance.
September 3, 2012 8:40:08 PM

NewHammer said:
Hello again, I successfully moved and plugged everything from the HP p6110y to the Antec ONE, so I deleted that thread.

The computer works great, just like it did in its former case, except for one issue- It restarted when I tried to update Avast, and I managed to successfully update a second time, but it restarted again after I tried to run Chrome.

Before it turned on the very first time, it went into Windows Repair mode, and fixed any problems it supposedly detected.

I tried restarting in Safe Mode, but it said that it couldn't contact the Sens server.

I will post any additional details if necessary.

Once again, any help would be appreciated and I thank anyone who helps in advance.

Could be a short, make sure your using proper standoffs, and everything is plugged in correctly.

If your still having issues, try a system restore.
m
l
September 3, 2012 9:09:34 PM

Thanks, I'll go check it out right now.
m
l
Related resources
September 3, 2012 9:41:22 PM

Alright, so it seems I was 1 standoff short- would that be enough to cause a short circuit?
m
l
September 3, 2012 11:05:03 PM

maybe, just make sure that you dont have an extra standoff in the case or in the wrong spot. if it is a standoff issue, look at the back of your board for damage. i tell you what, ill never forget to double check again, lol
m
l
September 4, 2012 12:13:53 AM

I've noticed that these random shutdowns don't occur at random. Only occurring if I use the internet (Which is all I've dared to do on that comp). Wouldn't it shut down at pure random if it was a short, or do you have to make it run a program? I'm honestly losing my mind at this point. XD
m
l
September 4, 2012 1:09:24 AM

if it were a short that is causing the issue, it would occur at identical times when the signal travels through to ground, causing the poweroff, usually upon initial startup. i'm at a loss here. it could be a number of issues. you may want to call your isp and talk to their tech support to see if they can help...good luck
m
l
!