Hard disk stopped working....Help needed!

G

I have a 80 gig Matrox hard drive with 7 partitions, 5 FAT32 and 2 NTFS. I was running win 2000 altough I had win ME and a beta of XP installed as well. I decided to remove win ME and install my "old" 98 instead. So i unistalled the XP and ME and copied all "need to save" stuff to a hidden partition.
When I started the install of win98 (swedish version)It said I had an OS already and asked me if i wanted to remove the files and install anew, I choosed yes. Then I got another question concerning the install, if I wanted the install on "Drive C, partition 1", I was a bit confused by this and aborted (f3).
Now i cant boot from that HD, it also turns up as an unformated drive when I start from another HD. On the not working HD i have all my current work stuff, and a Masters-thesis i have been working with for 9 months...No backups (i know im stupid)....
So how can i recover data???

Please HELP!

juice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2001
Sound like you need to use 3 party software to get your files back off the hard drive. <A HREF="http://www.dtidata.com/products_ff_undelete.asp" target="_new"> DTIDATA</A> Hope this helps there are alot of undelete software out there. This is one i found just using search engine. Good Luck!

:cool: <font color=blue> I know nothing that is why i am here at THG!</font color=blue>

LoveGuRu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2001
try partition megic,its just great,im sure it will solve your problam.
i think there's a full version at

sling.to/fosi

have fun.

<font color=green>
Make AMD, not Intel
>>----> <3
</font color=green>