Computer crashes often

oncs

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
Hi ,

Kindly help. My computer often crashes and get blue-screen and have to reboot every time.

RAM working fine.
Both the fan working fine.
No PSU problem.
ASUS mother board, Core 2 duo processor, 2GB Dynet RAM.
I formatted the XP OS and re-installed it. No use.

IS this because hard disk damage or mother board problem? How to find ?

Error message am getting is (Part of):

"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

Technical Information:
STOP: 0x00000000A (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x82856AA3)

Collecting data for Crash dump...
Initializing disk for crash dump...
Beginnning dump of physical memory.
Dumping physical memory to disk: 100
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact ur system admin...

Kindly help on this.

Thanks
Oncs

Scott_D_Bowen

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Start with MemTest86+ (3 passes, make a boot disk), and then move onto SANDRA burn-in tests.

- http://scottdbowen.id.au/Cs/SDB-QWLA.zip
- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314063

SDB-QWLA-GetComputerDiagnostics.png

oncs

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
Thanks Scottz and Hammer.

Am thinking of replacing my old asus mother board with new one.

One IT guy came and checked system and said RAM is fine but harddisk might have an issue. Not sure.

SO am confused now, bcoz if there is problem in harddisk then purchasing new mother board will go waste.

Give me some idea guys. Is there any way to check harddisk is in gud working condition without physical damage or etc.

Thanks

satyamdubey

Distinguished
can you perform disk check? get into dos and type "chkdsk c: /f" without the quotes and with he spaces as shown. This will not do anything immediatelybut would schedule a diskcheck the next time you boot up.
restart your PC and let the disk check continue. If you again BSOD, then there is a chance that hard disk might have bad sectors.

This is a known problem with XP it is sometimes also attributed to a logitech mouse driver version. so update that as well.

if you have a seagate hard drive then download Seatools. It is a hard disk utility and you can perform some tests to check if your hard drive's health. Run a DST (Drive Self Test) using this utility.

if you feel that your hard drive has been more noisey lately, take a backup of your Data. although it's not likely, your drive might be failing...not likely (just a thought, do not panic).

good luck
-Satyam

Scott_D_Bowen

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
That app that I mentioned (above, with screenshot and download link) has links to both the Western Digital and Seagate HDD low-level tools.

HDD's remap sectors to a bunch of spares on the fly as they age, software generally cannot see this happening.

CHKDSK C: /R is a good start, AKA: Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.

From there consider using the manufacturer testing tool.

oncs

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013

Scott, Am unable to run that exe. It is saying "unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application"

Please help. However i can run this exe in my laptop. Kindly advise.