Sign in with
Your question

First home made computer

Last response: in Systems
September 3, 2012 9:14:46 PM

This is the first time I have tried to build a computer, so giving me a guide will not help. Chances are I have already looked at the guide and still can not figure out what is wrong. So far when I power on my PC the motherboard appears to be working and all of the fans and dvd drive is working but the screen on my monitor will not come on. I have went through my motherboard user guide already also. I am going to post a picture I have it if you can me anything you see that I have incorrectly plugged into my motherboard.

More about : home made computer

a c 431 V Motherboard
September 3, 2012 9:27:56 PM

bgailey said:
This is the first time I have tried to build a computer, so giving me a guide will not help. Chances are I have already looked at the guide and still can not figure out what is wrong. So far when I power on my PC the motherboard appears to be working and all of the fans and dvd drive is working but the screen on my monitor will not come on. I have went through my motherboard user guide already also. I am going to post a picture I have it if you can me anything you see that I have incorrectly plugged into my motherboard.

start with the 4/8 pin atx power plug. a lot of users miss it. also make sure you use the brass standoffs and the mb not shorting to the case. a lot of time the cover plate to the back of the mb case the fingers are to long and short out the mb. one thing to check is the bios rev of the mb and the bios rev needed to post the cpu that in the mb. some z68 and older amd mb need bios updates to post newer cpu.
a b V Motherboard
September 3, 2012 9:42:45 PM

a little more detail would work, could you get us a parts list? Specifically the mobo, cpu, gpu, case, and power supply.

Also, what type of connector and monitor are you using?
Related resources
September 3, 2012 10:21:37 PM

asus p8z 68-v lx motherboard
intel core i5 processor
cool master haf 912 case
evga gtx560 Ti video card
cool master extreme 600w power plus power supply

dell monitor
ega connector
September 3, 2012 10:24:38 PM

also I get 2 beeps when I turn it on
September 3, 2012 10:41:08 PM

Figured it out guys! Thanks for all your help! It was actually just a blonde moment! Hehe
a b V Motherboard
September 3, 2012 11:35:02 PM

not a bad little build. What ended up being the issue? beebs normally mean ram
September 3, 2012 11:40:22 PM

Yeah I looked that up so I took it out and reinstalled the ram but it did not seem to help but...I just did not have the vga chord in where the video card was plugged in -_-...lol. I smacked myself a little bit when I found out.
a b V Motherboard
September 4, 2012 2:20:50 AM

lol, nice :D  I have done that on several occasions, worst is when in front of clients lol.

Anywho, glad to hear it is all working and that there was no RMA or anything.
!