Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2013 1:29:27 AM

January 19, 2013 1:30:14 AM

esrever said:
so whens the wedding?

they both follow the intel code, ask your guild for help when your made fun of
January 19, 2013 1:32:17 AM

The program used to work fine and saved it there.
a c 146 à CPUs
January 19, 2013 1:52:16 AM

Diablo^^^
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2013 1:58:59 AM

stickmansam said:
I always aim to please :p  How can expect people to read my links [which I love posting by the way:) ] if I don'read theirs?

Well it has been shown that the front end/decode/fetch of the piledrivers is holding back its performance by about 30%. So AMD which they have said to eliminate this problem by doubling the front end units. AMD failed in bulldozer/piledriver by keeping the same front end while increasing the back end by almost 80%.
Realistically, Pile driver has IPC improvement of 7% and about 7% speed bump for 15ish% improvement.

i don't see a 15% performance increase in the gaming benchmarks you posted. esp between the 6100 and 6300. but what is phenomenal is having the same speed @ turbo boost while lowering the TDP by 25%. but you can look at fry cry 2 and think its a big but then look at metro 2033, a game that doesn't care about hard because it will make it cry, and see there is no difference.

stickmansam said:
Steamroller will only match Ivy with its 30% improvement but its ability to overclock compared to Ivy at a cheaper price will give it an upper hand. Ignoring Microcenter(not everyone lives close by), the cheapest 3570k run for about $220. The FX6x00 will have pricing at about $150 (more expensive than now to reflect its improved performance). The FX6x00 will be able to overclock unlike the closest i5 (3470 at $180) and thus offer a significantly better price/perf.

i am sorry that i do not share your confidence of the steamroller impovement(s) AMD has found the APU market very lucrative and they lead intel by leaps and bounds. it would be absolutely foolish for them to focus on the "enthusiast market" where they trail intel by a substantial margin; they have stated as such when they announced "no longer competing" with intel several months ago.

stickmansam said:
Getting an FX6300 now also gives better performance now since you can OC with a custom cooler. While the i3 will now require a custom cooler, an 3570k will require one to OC to match the FX6x00 later on and thus both platforms will require a purchase of a AFC but just at different times.

FX6300 = 100%
i3 = 100%
FX6300 OC = 100%+ (depends on OC

Upgrade to i5/FX6x00 in 1 year
So over the course of that one year, you can get more performance and less gpu bottleneck and have arguably more fun during that period.

Ofc the best option to to just grab an i5 now and have the most fun :D 
I'm actually the type that never likes upgrading the CPU and MB separately so I went i5 myself XD

well who says you can't overclock the i3?

oh! those you never tried. yes it isn't advisable to raise the Blck because it can cause problems and even damage other components. but if we are going to be "enthusiasts" that means we will reasonably throw caution to the wind and tweak those settings!

i found a year end round up on a polish site and not only did they have socket 775 cpus along with AM3+, 1156, 1155, 1366 and 2011 but there overclocked "locked" i3s and i5s. the surprising find was seeing a i3-3220 with a Bclk of 106*33 for ~3.5Ghz keeping up with an FX-6300 @4.7Ghz for general gaming.

i mean a 6% overclock keeping up with a ~20% overclock!

and cheaper too! i had my i3-2120 and my asus H67 wants to set the Bclk @ 103 out the gate; with some under volting on a stock cooler my temps were ~60c

Undervolting i3 2120 (the only "fun" there is)
so now why buy a more expensive CPU then have to get a cooler when an i3 that is slightly cheaper can match or exceed it in gaming? (overclocking included)

edit: forgive me for not editing out my typos and poor grammer/spelling.
January 19, 2013 2:04:01 AM

so now people make up benchmarks
a c 146 à CPUs
January 19, 2013 2:05:39 AM

Anonymous said:
i don't see a 15% performance increase in the gaming benchmarks you posted. esp between the 6100 and 6300. but what is phenomenal is having the same speed @ turbo boost while lowering the TDP by 25%. but you can look at fry cry 2 and think its a big but then look at metro 2033, a game that doesn't care about hard because it will make it cry, and see there is no difference.

i am sorry that i do not share your confidence of the steamroller impovement(s) AMD has found the APU market very lucrative and they lead intel by leaps and bounds. it would be absolutely foolish for them to focus on the "enthusiast market" where they trail intel by a substantial margin; they have stated as such when they announced "no longer competing" with intel several months ago.

oh! those you never tried. yes it isn't advisable to raise the Blck because it can cause problems and even damage other components. but if we are going to be "enthusiasts" that means we will reasonably throw caution to the wind and tweak those settings!

i found a year end round up on a polish site and not only did they have socket 775 cpus along with AM3+, 1156, 1155, 1366 and 2011 but there overclocked "locked" i3s and i5s. the surprising find was seeing a i3-3220 with a Bclk of 106*33 for ~3.5Ghz keeping up with an FX-6300 @4.7Ghz for general gaming.

http://pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/focus/cpu2012/oc/gry.png

i mean a 6% overclock keeping up with a ~20% overclock!

and cheaper too! i had my i3-2120 and my asus H67 wants to set the Bclk @ 103 out the gate; with some under volting on a stock cooler my temps were ~60c
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/6366/voltbench.jpg
Undervolting i3 2120 (the only "fun" there is)
so now why buy a more expensive CPU then have to get a cooler when an i3 that is slightly cheaper can match or exceed it in gaming? (overclocking included)

You are right I agree 100% especially with this part:

Quote:

a c 146 à CPUs
January 19, 2013 2:10:04 AM

diablo34life said:

No one is making anything up. The Intel benchmarks posted are from reputable websites. Face it you are wrong and the benchmarks across the indstry prove you wrong. Why are people making things up is it because every benchmark from reputable websites proves you wrong and doesn't show your precious AMD CPU in the light you would like?
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2013 2:10:32 AM

diablo34life said:

+1

Never seen that benchmark site.
January 19, 2013 2:15:38 AM

stantheman123 said:
+1

agreed anyoen can make a graph with numbers on it, toms hardwear is intel squad
a c 146 à CPUs
January 19, 2013 2:19:38 AM

diablo34life said:
agreed anyoen can make a graph with numbers on it, toms hardwear is intel squad

Yep Intel pays us all off... :non:  :pfff: 
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2013 2:25:09 AM

Why are people still responding to diablo34life. It's like two kindergartners having a "yes-huh" fight.

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2013 2:27:24 AM

stantheman123 said:
+1

do you really think i have the capabilities to make a to make a graph like that in a short time?

did you go to the actual site?

does it being in polish make it any less valid?

are you afraid?
a c 146 à CPUs
January 19, 2013 2:30:33 AM

twelve25 said:
Why are people still responding to diablo34life. It's like two kindergartners having a "yes-huh" fight.

Lol that is true. This is the best comment in the whole thread.
January 19, 2013 2:33:11 AM

rds1220 said:
Yep Intel pays us all off... :non:  :pfff: 

yup thats intel code for ya
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2013 2:44:02 AM

Anonymous said:
do you really think i have the capabilities to make a to make a graph like that in a short time?

did you go to the actual site?

does it being in polish make it any less valid?

are you afraid?

Yea i went to the site couldnt read the article polish

Polish well polish is nice but no.

afraid of?... what? i have a core i3 2100 and a amd fx 6300. i like the 6300 more. pretty simple really. I get more fps with the 6300 at 4.5ghz than my i3. like i said my i3 kept hitting 100% in games my 6300 hits like 60%

Do you OWN both cpus? Im guessing not. i actually have them both.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2013 2:59:50 AM

stantheman123 said:

http://translate.google.com/
stantheman123 said:

afraid of?... what? i have a core i3 2100 and a amd fx 6300. i like the 6300 more. pretty simple really. I get more fps with the 6300 at 4.5ghz than my i3. like i said my i3 kept hitting 100% in games my 6300 hits like 60%

no i don't. did you try overclocking the i3?
a c 146 à CPUs
January 19, 2013 3:02:19 AM

diablo34life said:
yup thats intel code for ya

As the saying goes you can't fix stupid.

stantheman123 said:

It's called Google translate try it some time. That is of course unless you are afraid that it might prove that your 6300 isn't the be all to end all you are trying to make it out to be.
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2013 3:10:18 AM

rds1220 said:

It's called Google translate try it some time. That is of course unless you are afraid that it might prove that your 6300 isn't the be all to end all you are trying to make it out to be.

Afriad of what?! like i said i have both cpus i can easily take my i3 2100 out of the other pc and throw it in my gaming main gaming rig. or even throw a 3770k. i ask again afraid of what? im a neither a fan of either company.
Now if you guys want me to i can take my motherboard+cpu out of the other pc and throw it in my rig and compare fps 4.5ghz 6300 vs i3 2100 IF you guys want im not saying the i3 is bad. im probally gonna haswell after my 6300 so yea. its just that if somthing gets more fps it just does i dont know when ill have free time to do that all though

And ok ill try google translate :p 
January 19, 2013 3:18:24 AM

rds1220 said:

its not google translate its intel code
i havent owned a duel core since the e5300 which was a long as time ago.
this guy reads to many forums on toms hardware its nothing but 12 year old intel fanboys who were told to buy a 3570k , my toy is better
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2013 3:29:23 AM

It seems they only test arma2 and ACR.
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2013 3:31:55 AM

stickmansam said:

Yea games need more variety only 2 games.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2013 3:42:04 AM

stickmansam said:

pity that your missing 13 others.

the article is 110 pages . . .
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2013 4:05:30 AM

i found this article http://pclab.pl/art51843.html

This is a quote from the summary:

And what if I overclock?
The situation changes dramatically. Core i3 turn up for something ... 5% - after they have locked multiplier and unlike the Core i5 is lacking Turbo Boost function, so the acceleration is reduced to a symbolic, a few megahertz, increasing the base frequency. Importantly, both the FX-4300 and FX-6300 both raise to 4700 MHz, wherein said first hopefully should reach even 4800 MHz. This fundamental difference in comparison with the relationship between performance in the default settings. You can not also fail to note that the FX-4300 model falls quite trzymodułowym ... pale.
FX-6300 overclocked to 4700 MHz turns out to be faster than the Core i3-3240, also in the game! This is the total new when it comes to FX-y, which went before the worst is in the virtual world. In professional applications curling difference between the FX-6300 and I-3240 Core i3 is almost 25%.

MY SUMMARY
Now really i have nothing else to say. Both cpus are great. since i have decent cooling and can still go higher than 4.5 (i hit 4.9 stable) i will stay with my 6300 in my main gaming rig. But really intel also has the i5 3570k to upgrade to which is very nice. but then again am3+ should have steam roller. so which cpu? if your a heavy overclocker and have decent cooling i would take the 6300 since it can be overclocked very easily. however at stock clocks id easily take the i3 3220. Simple as that overclocker with decent cooler=6300. stock clocks=i3 3220.

Gooday everyone im gonna play some batman arkham city :D 
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2013 4:54:53 AM

stickmansam said:
i figured out how to view the rest :p 

:lol:  good for you.

i am outta here also.

if i don't get back before this thread gets closed/ended/too-much-of-a-flamefest:

nice having a reasonable discussion about different POV. (and stantheman12 also!)

cheers

a b à CPUs
January 19, 2013 5:00:43 AM

:-) Right back at loon. So op have you decided? We all have given our point of view. :D 
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2013 6:27:37 AM

I think its pretty clear.

Just get the 6300
January 19, 2013 2:55:38 PM

I'm not buying either i have a 1090t, dont see a reason to upgrade. I just started this thread for fun (that we all had). But judging by the votes and the comments we can all conclude that the 6300 is the better buy
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2013 3:12:57 PM

both are very close in gaming. so just for the fun of overclocking i would get the 6300
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2013 6:20:58 PM

diablo34life said:
i call bs on your part, dont feel bad because an apprentice put you in your place, lol a duel core locked against an fx 6300. if you cant come to terms with the fx 6300 beating the i3 that means your an intel fanboy

You call bs on your bs?

So does this mean you got nothing to back up your trolling then? Nothing at all?

Ok back to the kiddie table, and don't forget your bib.

a b à CPUs
January 19, 2013 6:26:42 PM

sheepsnowadays said:
I'm not buying either i have a 1090t, dont see a reason to upgrade. I just started this thread for fun (that we all had). But judging by the votes and the comments we can all conclude that the 6300 is the better buy

Good choice, I still have a 1055t on one of my rigs there is really no reason to downgrade/sidegrade to an fx. Just a waste of money.
January 19, 2013 8:05:51 PM

maxalge said:
You call bs on your bs?

So does this mean you got nothing to back up your trolling then? Nothing at all?

Ok back to the kiddie table, and don't forget your bib.

just let it out bro let that intel anger out, everyone agrees the 6300 is better then the i3, however atleast i know the bulldozer and vishera arch actually have all phyical cores, instead of the imaginary ones you claim lmao
January 19, 2013 8:07:16 PM

maxalge said:
Good choice, I still have a 1055t on one of my rigs there is really no reason to downgrade/sidegrade to an fx. Just a waste of money.

* doesnt have a 1055t
** intel fanboy
*** doesnt know anything about vishera performance lmao...
January 19, 2013 8:50:01 PM

hafijur said:
Everyone knows that intel are a good 2-3 years ahead of amd. I will be incredibly amazed if amd get same performance per watt in 2016 as the haswell cpu that is coming out this year. In fact if amd get to 2017 with similar performance per watt as 2013 haswell they will have done a big miracle as thats how far they are behind.

Not there fault really, there market share is to low and budget, having said that they give comparable gpu's with nvidia. Also haswell integrated is supposed to be amazing graphics wise and power saving wise so amd APU strategy with super slow cpu slower then intels slowest cpu's but decent graphics system won't be getting as much sales if haswell can do cheap entry level cpu with decent integrated graphics.

Anyway i3 3220 vs fx6300 is like like comparing nvidia gt 640 vs amd hd 6990 in terms of difference between power consumption. Not really fair is it. fx6300 consumes more then i7 6 ccre 32nm extreme sandy bridge cpu's while the i3 takes less then amd apu's cpu's.

amds apus , stomp intels i3, i5 and i7.
fx 4300 is better then i3 ivy bridge
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2013 11:18:06 PM

Keeping the 1090t nice choice very nice chip from amd.

Haifur: while i do agree that the fx series take up alot of power for how they perform personally power consumption isnt a issue for me and if somthing performs even a bit better and takes more power i will GLADLY take it. and that was the situation for the 6300 vs i3 3220. when the 6300 is over 4.2+ it stats too pull ahead But that being said its kinda funny how much power i pull from this chip overclocked but that isnt a issue for me personally.

And yes i think when you start going over spending $170 its intel all the way no competion really. the i5s are beast of chips for gaming. Intel is better atm the best amd cpu is the 8350 and its probably as fast at the 1st gen i5s/i7s for gaming considring the 4th gen of I5/i7s is coming out amd isnt going to well.

Anyway nice talking to everyone. OP made his decision time to lock up?
a b à CPUs
January 20, 2013 12:35:55 AM

"Intel is a good 2-3 year ahead in overall performance"

The 2-3 year thing is a misnomer since Intel pretty much doubled performance with p4 - core 2 which under a standard roadmap would have taken multiple years.

Alos that is in raw performance, the i3vs FX6300 is really a price/performance battle at the mid to low end.
a b à CPUs
January 20, 2013 1:00:56 AM

diablo34life said:
* doesnt have a 1055t
** intel fanboy
*** doesnt know anything about vishera performance lmao...

Sure I don't, I just said it to piss you off.

XD

Jesus are you 10?

The kids have their 1055t, which I bought years ago for myself.

Back then it was a great purchase, and It performs nicely for them now.

So I am well aware how it compares to a fx, BECAUSE I can see their performance levels objectively for any given application.

Since I can test it myself for comparison. XD

Quit trolling OP's thread...

a b à CPUs
January 20, 2013 1:07:23 AM

diablo34life said:
just let it out bro let that intel anger out, everyone agrees the 6300 is better then the i3, however atleast i know the bulldozer and vishera arch actually have all phyical cores, instead of the imaginary ones you claim lmao

You must have been dropped on your head if you mix up casual disinterested dismissal for anger...

So no proof still? Eh? None? Nothing?

Ops little baby threw up his peas, and he seems to have diaper rash.

January 20, 2013 2:25:44 AM

maxalge said:
Sure I don't, I just said it to piss you off.

XD

Jesus are you 10?

The kids have their 1055t, which I bought years ago for myself.

Back then it was a great purchase, and It performs nicely for them now.

So I am well aware how it compares to a fx, BECAUSE I can see their performance levels objectively for any given application.

Since I can test it myself for comparison. XD

Quit trolling OP's thread...

are you running out of things to say? try to think what ur hero bam margera would do in this situation haha.
yes im 10 years old because you lied about have a 1055t
January 20, 2013 2:30:57 AM

maxalge said:
You must have been dropped on your head if you mix up casual disinterested dismissal for anger...

So no proof still? Eh? None? Nothing?

Ops little baby threw up his peas, and he seems to have diaper rash.

still no proof of what? lmao you keep praising the i3 and its killer 2 cores show me proof the i3 is better, ur to much of intel fanboy you get ur dad to go pick out a future shop pc. ur badass with ur hp. you must have been touched as a child lmao! did ur dad make you wair diapers until you were 12 ? ya that will screw anyone up
a b à CPUs
January 20, 2013 3:42:35 AM

Lol you 2 kids. stop fighting >:) 
a c 146 à CPUs
January 20, 2013 4:04:37 AM

Sent a message to the mods hopefully they will close the thread once and for all and ban diablo for trolling.
a c 845 à CPUs
January 20, 2013 4:09:16 AM

It's over move on people.
      • 2 / 2
!