I have a Toshiba External hard drive. My PC (windows 7) doesn't see it as if it was not there???
I have through a process of elimination determined the following... :
1) It has worked before perfectly on my PC before on numerous occasions.
2) I take it to work (WindowsXP) works fine.
3) When I bring it back home it wont recognize this pc (windows 7) like its not plugged in.
4) I gave it to my brother(windows7) to use for long(Months) cause it woudnt work and when he eventually gave it back it worked perfectly.
5) This is where I should have learnt my lesson.... : took it to work (windows XP) and when i bought it back ... wait for it.... it wouldn't work... !!!!!!!!!!
From what I have deduced I as clever as I am is that I think resetting my USB ports or something should maybe reset my PC's memory so that it would forget that it must not recognize my external hard drive.....