How to recognize an external hard drive intermitantly
I have a Toshiba External hard drive. My PC (windows 7) doesn't see it as if it was not there???
I have through a process of elimination determined the following... :
1) It has worked before perfectly on my PC before on numerous occasions.
2) I take it to work (WindowsXP) works fine.
3) When I bring it back home it wont recognize this pc (windows 7) like its not plugged in.
4) I gave it to my brother(windows7) to use for long(Months) cause it woudnt work and when he eventually gave it back it worked perfectly.
5) This is where I should have learnt my lesson.... : took it to work (windows XP) and when i bought it back ... wait for it.... it wouldn't work... !!!!!!!!!!
From what I have deduced I as clever as I am is that I think resetting my USB ports or something should maybe reset my PC's memory so that it would forget that it must not recognize my external hard drive.....
More aboutrecognize external hard drive intermitantly
You could try to reinstall your USB drivers. Or, take everything off of the external HD and reformat it in NTFS.
If I had to format, how would I do it and would everything I take off work once I put it back on? It's wired that it works on every pc I plug it into but this one? Dude...