Laptop CPU Temps

Ernziik

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
Hello people, I wanted to ask if this is normal or not. I have a 6 month old laptop Asus N55SL (specs at the bottom) and for some reason it ramps up to nearly 99 degrees when im play full screen games such as GW2 or Skyrim...
Im pretty sure its not normal and wanted to see what you guys say before I call up asus.

Specs
CPU: i5 2450M @2.5Ghz
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce gt 635m (2gb)
RAM: 6GB

Sounds like you got some dust problems. Might be a good idea to clean the vents, so they are free of dust.

Also, make sure the laptop can get fresh air whille gaming. Don't let it stand on the table, get something under it so there is Space beneath it where air can come into the system.

If this doesn't solve your problems, then you might contact ASUS.

Ernziik

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012

do you mean clean the vents by blowing air into them or open up the laptop and do it?

Ernziik

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012

gona try that now will post answers

Whatever fits you best. I actually use a vacuum cleaner on my Little Brothers laptop, I know it isn't recommended, but I have never had any problems - 5 years still going strong. Just make sure the laptop is powered off and you don't use too much power.

Also you have to take it into perspective. A laptop WILL become so much hotter than a desktop. My own laptop hits 89 celsius in League of Legends and it's 2 years old. So only if it actually affects performance or shuts your PC Down you should worry. The PC should also be quite new right? So if it happens, then you still got the warranty. :)