Is the Radeon HD 7450 1GB better then Radeon HD 5450 512mb

Like the title says. Is it better? The 7450 is a card that comes stock in this computer http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883157355 and I don't know much about it. Would it be better to use for gaming or whatever then the Radeon HD 5450.
8 answers Last reply
More about radeon 7450 radeon 5450 512mb
  1. well, since I cant find any information on the 7450, I'm going to say, no, its not, since the card seems to not exist.
  2. blade of grass said:
    well, since I cant find any information on the 7450, I'm going to say, no, its not, since the card seems to not exist.


    1gb of V ram is always better than 512 mb since games tend to use that 1 gb of ram frequently.

    BTW neither of those cards would do good for gaming, I had a radeon 5450 and it had trouble running Halo 2 vista ( any decent graphics card should max out that game)

    You need at least a radeon 5770
  3. maxh22 said:
    1gb of V ram is always better than 512 mb since games tend to use that 1 gb of ram frequently.

    BTW neither of those cards would do good for gaming, I had a radeon 5450 and it had trouble running Halo 2 vista ( any decent graphics card should max out that game)

    You need at least a radeon 5770


    That wasn't the question....is the 7450 better?
  4. In theory, yes. In practice, no.
  5. Pyree said:
    In theory, yes. In practice, no.



    what...
  6. On paper, 7450 is faster than 5450. In reality, I doubt either card can run games the other cannot. Most modern games require at least 3870/4670 level of performance.
  7. Its probably better yes. For gaming, it probably cant even run whatever game you are trying to run.

    $550? Challenge accepted.

    Intel Pentium G870
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116521&Tpk=G870
    $99.99

    ASUS P8H61-M
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131724
    $70.99

    CORSAIR Builder Series CX500
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027&Tpk=cx500
    $59.99

    Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147153
    $49.99

    Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220557
    $39.99

    MSI R7770-PMD1GD5 Radeon HD 7770
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127687
    $124.99

    Total: $546

    Now before you go all defensive and whine and say "Well I'm not technologically inclined" or "I can't build a computer", watch this series of 3 videos, and you'll have it down to an art.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw

    EDIT: Forgot the Windows:

    Win7
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116986
    $99.99
  8. Anonymous said:
    Like the title says. Is it better? The 7450 is a card that comes stock in this computer http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883157355 and I don't know much about it. Would it be better to use for gaming or whatever then the Radeon HD 5450.


    A Radeon HD 7450 is a rebadged Radeon HD 6450, therefore it has only 160 stream processors.

    A Radeon HD 5450 (rebadged earlier this year as a Radeon HD 7350) has only 80 stream processors, even less.

    A Radeon HD 7450/6450 is better than a Radeon HD 5450/7350, but both would have low frame rates in modern games.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Computer HD Graphics Product