Sign in with
Your question

Pricing information

Last response: in Components
January 18, 2013 9:14:56 PM

I put up a thread earlier asking help on a build. I finally have the build but the problem is the actual price. Im right at 1900 dollars, thats with a very good cooling system etc etc, if you want the specs I can provide them but for time purposes Im just going over the main issue. The money, I really want to go with it but honestly dont have 1900 to just blow away. I was thinking if I waited for 2 months or maybe 3 the price could drop maybe 200 dollars, or heck maybe more? Maybe even have better stuff in the system for the same price if I wait? I mean some hard facts? Please help me out, thanks!

More about : pricing information

January 18, 2013 9:16:16 PM

Can you list the parts? I'll help you if I can get an idea of what you plan to build.
m
l
January 18, 2013 9:22:31 PM

Intel Core i5 Processor i5-3570K 3.4GHz 6MB QUAD
CORE ZALMAN COPPER DELUXE EDITION COOLER
LGA 1155 ZEROtherm Advanced ZT100 Thermal Grease
Asus P8Z77-V PRO LGA1155/ Intel Z77/ Quad CrossFireX & Quad SLI/ SATA3&USB3.0/ WiFi/ A&V&GbE/ ATX Motherboard 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600MHz (PC3 12800)
Dual Channel (2X) MEMORY HEAT SPREADERS
CORSAIR 120GB Solid State Drive SATA III (READ/WRITE 550MB/510MB)
Western Digital BLACK 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB CACHE SATA 6.0Gb/s
24X DUAL LAYER DVD-RW W/LIGHTSCRIBE
nVidia GeForce GTX670 4GB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI PCI-EXP Video Card
REALTEK 8-CHANNEL DIGITAL SOUND ONBOARD REALTEK
10/100/1000 Gigabit Network Card (onboard)
NZXT Phantom 410 CA-PH410-B1 White Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case DELUXE COOLING PACKAGE
CORSAIR 750 WATT HIGH PERFORMANCE SLI/CROSSFIRE POWER SUPPLY
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
m
l
Related resources
January 18, 2013 9:28:34 PM

Motherboard - do you really need QUAD SLI/CrossFireX? Sounds like overkill to me.
Hard drive, go for a Barracuda. They're cheaper & perform better.
Do you honestly need an optical drive? If so, go for a cheap 20$ ASUS built one.
Cooler - a Hyper 212 EVO is more than good enough, and it's like 30$.
Do you honestly need memory heat spreaders when memory barely makes heat?
Go with Arctic Cooling MX-4 for thermal paste - it's 10$ & its probably the best on the market.
m
l
January 18, 2013 9:46:08 PM

payturr said:
Motherboard - do you really need QUAD SLI/CrossFireX? Sounds like overkill to me.
Hard drive, go for a Barracuda. They're cheaper & perform better.
Do you honestly need an optical drive? If so, go for a cheap 20$ ASUS built one.
Cooler - a Hyper 212 EVO is more than good enough, and it's like 30$.
Do you honestly need memory heat spreaders when memory barely makes heat?
Go with Arctic Cooling MX-4 for thermal paste - it's 10$ & its probably the best on the market.

Well with the motherboard, its not a big difference in price and I want the computer to last for a long time as well.
I will check out barracuda and see if the price is much different :D 
I could save alot with no SSD but I figured it was a needed thing if I was going to go this way with gaming.
So i am overkill on the cooling? I should down grade to the hyper?
I can take the memor heat spreaders off, im just scared of any over heating.
I never saw the artic cooling, I will look into that. Is it a huge difference from the one I picked out? Price wise it isnt

So the setup should last for about 4 years if not more right?
I also take it that the price wont drop much then? Since you didnt really mention if it would or not. Im just really deciding if its worth it. But from changing those few things around, I can see it being around 1700 now just switching out the ssd and the case
m
l
!