Are these EVGA gtx 560 Ti temps hot?

mazchazo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
When playing BF3, my highest temp is 90 and it varies from 83-89 usually.

My case is the HAF 922, I put all case fans running at max speed.

Just need to know if these temps are hot, thanks.

akamrcrack

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012

You don't need the fan speed maxed out to get good cooling.

Hell my evga 670s run at 60% and are silent + work excellent at cooling.

My Twin frozr III 6950s did excellent at the same 60% fan setting.

Get some dust off and blow out the card.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

that wasnt the point. the point was to see if we can get the temps lowered.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

downclock? like someone said is it clean? open the case and see if temps improve? check if fans are still working.

mazchazo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
idle temp is like 43. Ambient temps are high, especially in this hot summer heat. I have my PC in a space between my desk and this printer. I was thinking of changing the PC location.

I don't know about downlocking, the settings on this graphics card is needed to play BF3 because BF3 is a very high demanding game.

The PC isn't really dusty, I'll check it tomorrow and make sure the fan is fully clean.

My last resort is to get an aftermarket gpu cooler if everything else doesn't work.

mazchazo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011

Card is roughly 6 months old. I doubt this needs to be done. I'll open up the side of the case, put a huge fan near it, then see if airflow helps the card. If not, the gpu cooling might be horrible. I might buy a VGA cooler.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

yes bf3 is demanding but not very many people play it at the max their computer can handle... well not many that are really into MP bf3...

it sounds like your problem is that you overclocked it too much for the coolers capabilities because of the poor ambient environment.

mazchazo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011

No overclocking done. I removed the side panel of the PC and put a room fan and the temps went to 75-85, which seems like reasonable temps for BF3. Do you think installing a 200mm side fan will do the trick? I have no fans installed near my graphics card, like on the side panel of my case to get airflow to the graphics card.