Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Are these EVGA gtx 560 Ti temps hot?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 17, 2012 2:14:01 AM

When playing BF3, my highest temp is 90 and it varies from 83-89 usually.

My case is the HAF 922, I put all case fans running at max speed.

Just need to know if these temps are hot, thanks.

More about : evga gtx 560 temps hot

a c 107 U Graphics card
July 17, 2012 2:16:43 AM

its pretty high
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2012 2:18:23 AM

run msi afterburner and set fan speed to 100
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2012 2:27:10 AM

cbrunnem said:
run msi afterburner and set fan speed to 100


You don't need the fan speed maxed out to get good cooling.

Hell my evga 670s run at 60% and are silent + work excellent at cooling.

My Twin frozr III 6950s did excellent at the same 60% fan setting.


Get some dust off and blow out the card.
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2012 3:29:46 AM

akamrcrack said:
You don't need the fan speed maxed out to get good cooling.

Hell my evga 670s run at 60% and are silent + work excellent at cooling.

My Twin frozr III 6950s did excellent at the same 60% fan setting.


Get some dust off and blow out the card.


that wasnt the point. the point was to see if we can get the temps lowered.
July 17, 2012 3:34:44 AM

MSI afterburner is already used and fan speed is at 100%, and my temp is the same. I always use MSI afterburner.
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2012 3:37:34 AM

mazchazo said:
MSI afterburner is already used and fan speed is at 100%, and my temp is the same. I always use MSI afterburner.


downclock? like someone said is it clean? open the case and see if temps improve? check if fans are still working.
July 17, 2012 3:51:21 AM

Get some more temp readings. It may be helpful to know more about the ambient temps in your case, maybe they're high, too. What's the idle temp of your card?
July 17, 2012 6:22:25 AM

idle temp is like 43. Ambient temps are high, especially in this hot summer heat. I have my PC in a space between my desk and this printer. I was thinking of changing the PC location.

I don't know about downlocking, the settings on this graphics card is needed to play BF3 because BF3 is a very high demanding game.

The PC isn't really dusty, I'll check it tomorrow and make sure the fan is fully clean.

My last resort is to get an aftermarket gpu cooler if everything else doesn't work.
a c 109 U Graphics card
July 17, 2012 6:36:27 AM

Last resort is taking the card apart and reapplying thermal paste.
July 17, 2012 7:13:17 AM

amuffin said:
Last resort is taking the card apart and reapplying thermal paste.


Card is roughly 6 months old. I doubt this needs to be done. I'll open up the side of the case, put a huge fan near it, then see if airflow helps the card. If not, the gpu cooling might be horrible. I might buy a VGA cooler.
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2012 10:33:59 PM

mazchazo said:
idle temp is like 43. Ambient temps are high, especially in this hot summer heat. I have my PC in a space between my desk and this printer. I was thinking of changing the PC location.

I don't know about downlocking, the settings on this graphics card is needed to play BF3 because BF3 is a very high demanding game.

The PC isn't really dusty, I'll check it tomorrow and make sure the fan is fully clean.

My last resort is to get an aftermarket gpu cooler if everything else doesn't work.


yes bf3 is demanding but not very many people play it at the max their computer can handle... well not many that are really into MP bf3...

it sounds like your problem is that you overclocked it too much for the coolers capabilities because of the poor ambient environment.
July 21, 2012 8:20:57 AM

cbrunnem said:
yes bf3 is demanding but not very many people play it at the max their computer can handle... well not many that are really into MP bf3...

it sounds like your problem is that you overclocked it too much for the coolers capabilities because of the poor ambient environment.


No overclocking done. I removed the side panel of the PC and put a room fan and the temps went to 75-85, which seems like reasonable temps for BF3. Do you think installing a 200mm side fan will do the trick? I have no fans installed near my graphics card, like on the side panel of my case to get airflow to the graphics card.
!