Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Issues with Gigabyte mobo, and amd 6770, and drivers

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Drivers
  • Catalyst
  • AMD
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 17, 2012 2:45:05 AM

The Catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your AMD graphics driver, or enable your AMD adapter using the displays manager.


I am using a ga-z68xp-ud3 mobo and got this messages after windows 8 driver install catalyst and lucid virtue logic set up, one more thing, I installed IRST Drivers from gigabyte but decided to use the current that are listed on the website. I have an issue where when connected to on-board, which needs to be used for lucid logic virtue, I see that error message and it has to be from the 6770 and catalyst drivers.

In bios I have it set as primary display on-board, and the other vga/onboard video is set as always enabled even if a gpu is present, there is also an option to disable if video card is present, I wanted to avoid this =/. I would not be able to use lucid logic virtue if I chose that. So GPU and on-board are enabled. On-board is primary...

so why is the xfx 6770 acting like this? do I need a younger driver for the catalyst or? See this is windows 8 installation so it is the current amd/catalyst graphics card drivers and suite. 5/31/2012 I believe, there is nothing newer, and I do not know of older, and if it would be the better choice.

More about : issues gigabyte mobo amd 6770 drivers

July 17, 2012 3:10:53 AM

Actually, there are one or two newer AMD drivers than 5/31/2012, but maybe not for Windows 8. None of the Windows 8 drivers (AMD nor Nvidia) are working very well right now, so maybe you could try the Windows 7 drivers. Windows Vista AMD drivers work perfectly with my older laptop that ran Windwos 7 and now Server 2008 R2 (server version of Windows 7), so maybe the Windows 7 or Vista drivers will work with Windows 8 since it is also based on a nearly identical kernel version.

I've heard that you need to install Windows 7, install the Windows 8 drivers, and then upgrade to Windows 8 in order for them to work properly. If the Windows 7 or Vista drivers don't work for you, then you can try doing that. Keep in mind that Windows 8 is still technically in Beta testing until the RTM goes out (well, I think that's true, maybe I'm wrong about that) and I know for sure that the RTM isn't out yet, so some problems should be expected to still be around, granted I'd prefer that problems like this weren't.
Score
0
July 17, 2012 3:25:44 AM

well where can I download them to try them out? from AMD? or xfxforce >.<?

I guess it would be best to try getting them directly from AMD.. I'll try that first then see, that error. So going to use driver sweeper.
Score
0
Related resources
July 17, 2012 4:36:58 AM

granted us both hope that problems like this were not around, these guys should have fixed this issue a long time ago, it is more on AMD/ATI's side to try to work with Microsoft in fixing the problem.
Score
0
a b \ Driver
a b À AMD
July 17, 2012 4:59:50 AM

dont forget to grab the new intel gpu drivers for windows 8 and the newest mvp software. the one on the cd is out of date.
Score
0
July 17, 2012 5:35:21 AM

which intel gpu drivers is the newest? I did get to me what was current, but I am just wonodering, just in case there was even more updated than the one I got.
Score
0
July 17, 2012 5:36:08 AM

kikiking said:
well where can I download them to try them out? from AMD? or xfxforce >.<?

I guess it would be best to try getting them directly from AMD.. I'll try that first then see, that error. So going to use driver sweeper.


AMD's website is the best way to get their drivers.
Score
0
July 17, 2012 5:37:38 AM

kikiking said:
which intel gpu drivers is the newest? I did get to me what was current, but I am just wonodering, just in case there was even more updated than the one I got.


I'd have to look up the current version in order to tell you it, but simply going to Intel's website and downloading the drivers for your HD 3000 should give you the proper version regardless of what that version is.
Score
0
July 17, 2012 4:20:40 PM

blazorthon said:
I'd have to look up the current version in order to tell you it, but simply going to Intel's website and downloading the drivers for your HD 3000 should give you the proper version regardless of what that version is.


I may do what you said concerning windows 7 and all, just need to reinstall everything again, i'll secure erase though.
Score
0
July 18, 2012 9:54:54 PM

About to test upgrading wish me luck~!
Score
0
July 19, 2012 12:28:03 AM

Good luck.
Score
0
July 19, 2012 2:32:24 AM

Well it works now, I do not know if, it is combined with the lucid logic or not, well I think so... but it is horrible must be the drivers.. how do I know this?

I can not get into the catalyst control center at all, even when I switch to the graphics card and not on-board video.

I tried a bench mark namely ff14 benchmark.. and only got 800 with graphics card got 2500...

combined with the GPU on the graphics card it should be higher than the graphics card single no?

So it must be the amd drivers..

installed windows 7, installed the drivers winws 8, then upgraded after doing the tweaks for windows 7....

I wonder if I used amd windws 7 driver instead this would not happen? Well let me tell you the truth.. I looked at the driver for the windows 7 it is an enginnering sample and not the one that comes with the windows 8 amd driver.. the one that comes with windows 8 after install.. I assume this.. but I can't get in catalyst at all. I may try to do rge upgrade /install again using windows 7 drivers :( .

But they need to have this fixed, even if it works now, I can't tell if lucid logic is performing as it should.. I wish I could downgrade back to windows 7 and do the testing there... I need another gaming bench mark this lucid thing supports... but I am certain it is the windows 8 drivers since I can not even get into catalyst...
Score
0

Best solution

July 19, 2012 7:30:02 AM

kikiking said:
Well it works now, I do not know if, it is combined with the lucid logic or not, well I think so... but it is horrible must be the drivers.. how do I know this?

I can not get into the catalyst control center at all, even when I switch to the graphics card and not on-board video.

I tried a bench mark namely ff14 benchmark.. and only got 800 with graphics card got 2500...

combined with the GPU on the graphics card it should be higher than the graphics card single no?

So it must be the amd drivers..

installed windows 7, installed the drivers winws 8, then upgraded after doing the tweaks for windows 7....

I wonder if I used amd windws 7 driver instead this would not happen? Well let me tell you the truth.. I looked at the driver for the windows 7 it is an enginnering sample and not the one that comes with the windows 8 amd driver.. the one that comes with windows 8 after install.. I assume this.. but I can't get in catalyst at all. I may try to do rge upgrade /install again using windows 7 drivers :( .

But they need to have this fixed, even if it works now, I can't tell if lucid logic is performing as it should.. I wish I could downgrade back to windows 7 and do the testing there... I need another gaming bench mark this lucid thing supports... but I am certain it is the windows 8 drivers since I can not even get into catalyst...


You could install another Windows 7 setup for testing. If you don't have a spare license, then you could get an evaluation copy strait from MS's website for free. I don't use Lucid's graphics enhancement tech, so correct me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't the display need to be plugged into the discrete card for it?

The problem here is that you're trying to use a beta OS with a complex and not fully supported graphics enhancement technology in addition to the fact that Intel's graphics drivers are already sub-par and AMD's drivers for Windows 8 aren't really any better from what I've read about them. I'm not sure about this working out at least until Windows 8's RTM launches and both AMD and Intel update (and thus improve) Windows 8 drivers, possibly as well as Lucid improving Windows 8 compatibility if that is a problem too.
Share
July 19, 2012 5:29:10 PM

either it depends on what you are using it for, :) . either way I could not access control center means the drivers are not working correctly.



http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/z68-express-lucidlo...


http://www.anandtech.com/show/4199/lucids-virtu-enables...

Well seeing as how windows 8 drivers has issues It is best I used the windows 7 before upgrading... yeah and it is the license thing... I would need another, not willing to do the other option. This is good work for me though testing and reinstalling, just need to secure erase this SSD... no worries there, got all the install drivers and stuff on a flash drive of mine, and install in order.. I am more worried about achci drivers.


if I install achci drivers in windows before installation is there still a need to use the I RST driver install on the pc? the .cd? drivers for IRST? well I am going to do that using a much better driver than I did before.... if I could down grade on this windows 8 no worries from me, but you can not.... in RP.
Score
0
July 19, 2012 5:32:05 PM

Yeah I as I understand, they probably are working on the issues in windows 8, and intel, and amd's driver issues , so I am going back to windows 7 until I see, major updates. when I see, things have changed I will then upgrade, by then i'll have another SSD ^_^, so may want to raid them.
Score
0
July 20, 2012 8:29:23 AM

well had an issue in windows 7 with windows 7 drivers.. but seems fixed, I do not know if lucid is working.... I mean I do not see the logo when I loaded that same becnh mark I did before, and there is no optomize bar, so I assume it is only in a real game it gets shown?

I am going to try something else, I might as well. anyone use lucid logicxs knows if they removed the logo thing? or if there is errors in the current version, it is a current version I am using.


I am using amd driver, the beta one, over drive is not working making me feel worried.
Score
0
July 20, 2012 5:59:18 PM

Maybe if you start a new thread with that question, you'd be able to get more help. There doesn't seem to be much that I can do at this point.
Score
0
July 21, 2012 7:31:30 AM

Yeah true.... you provided me with my answer earlier this thread is done and thank you.
Score
0
July 21, 2012 7:32:12 AM

Best answer selected by kikiking.
Score
0
July 21, 2012 5:53:05 PM

Glad to help.
Score
0
July 22, 2012 1:42:06 AM

Yeah, lucid is working, i-mode, D-mode only works for video conversion and transcoding (quicksync) basically, the virtue screen/logo was not popping up during benchmarks, and I realized I was not in i-mode and was why. But in D-mode the graphic card does not need it, so it does not show up, but in video conversion things, it shows up, like esprssso, and media converted and most likely other conversion software like windows media player etc once selected and put into the list of bootable devices. if a game used quicksync I assume it will show up (log) depending on how you set it, for a few seconds or there forever.

it is better to be in D-mode but it does consume a lot of power, I-mode is less power, but when you play games, the Discrete card is used. now to worry about another issue IRSt drivers, and disabling something in bios to better enhance my SSD benchmarks -.0.

Thank you, even if I get a performance hit fromo I-mode I like it it consmes less power, and works well. I'll worry about d-mode when I get a better card. 7xxx series or a 6xx series GPU.
Score
0
a b \ Driver
a b À AMD
July 22, 2012 6:54:50 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!