Pc to samsung 32 lcd via hdmi issue

amatuerbuilder92

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
my samsung tv have developed an issue a while ago of not reading my hdmi sound as plugged in when turned on our occasionally after going to slee so i have to unplug it and plug it back in for it to recognize it also my screen occasionally will flicker in and out and flicker between message resolution not supported and no signal and it only does it occasionaly my tv is almost exactly a year old as is my hdmi cable which is a cheap ge and my graphics card is a asus hd 6670 that is maybe 5 months old im hoping it is just the cheap hdmi cable but i am thoroughly confused my tv doesnt feel hot and i always shut it off when left idle for more the 10 min and my graphics card is running at 44 degrees celsius as per cpuid and also i have the card running very slightly overclocked and if it matters my cpu is a amd phenom II x4 965 BE oc'd to 3.8ghz any thoughts on where to start troubleshooting because if this is an issue with the tv or gpu i wanna figure it out so i can warranty them out

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
Instead of unplugging it and plugging it back in, try turning the LCDTV on, and using the catalyst or display settings to disable the tv, and then re enable it. I have similar issues on my 5870, which is connected to my HDTV through a receiver.