Closed

The fall of intel

intels price per performance is probably the worst ive seen. i had the i3 ivybridge and an i5 3570k. now in both scenarios my fx8350 had more fps then them. using a radeon 7970. whats even better i found tho was the streaming gameplay. a 200 dollar cpu even beat the i7 3770k. but for the record the i3 isnt even faster then the6300 like people claim. theres no comparison especially in games like civ 5and metro and other games that use more then 4 cores. i also did a ps2 emulator test of dbz bukokai 3 and still the fx 8350 beat the i3 AND i disabled 4 cores ! why do people still buy i3?
36 answers Last reply
More about fall intel
  1. i wouldnt get an i3, for budget pcs i would use a pentium G. as far as the higher end goes thou, i still recommend an i5.
  2. ... How is this the fall of Intel? So it beat it in a few games, so what? Video editing and all that is a totally different story, plus, Intel offers more newer, advanced technologies like Thunderbolt & PCI-e, and on top of that - look at your power consumption, it's through the roof, while Core i7 uses have a nice 77W TDP.
  3. payturr said:
    ... How is this the fall of Intel? So it beat it in a few games, so what? Video editing and all that is a totally different story, plus, Intel offers more newer, advanced technologies like Thunderbolt & PCI-e, and on top of that - look at your power consumption, it's through the roof, while Core i7 uses have a nice 77W TDP.


    actually the 8350 is the best cpu on the market today especially for the price, intels HT is a waste of die space
  4. I agree that the 8350 is the best bang for the buck right now, though price/performance has always been AMD.

    This is an Intel Optimized World, where Intel pays everyone to use their tech. 99% of all software is created and optimized using Intel CPU's, they own X86 and charges AMD License fees and anyone else.

    Furthermore Intel has its own Fabs and has a massive R&D budget, so they bring new tech to the table faster than anyone else and do not rely on anyone else for fabrication this is the biggest plus.

    Sorry for the rant
  5. .... Then why does everyone opt for the Intel processors over the power guzzling AMD FX line?
  6. Pff this whole thread wreaks of idiotc AMD fanboyism. I suspect it won't last long before it is closed.

    You can keep telling yourself that the Piledriver is better than an I5 but it won't make it true. In games the Piledriver isn't even close to I5 and in heavy CPU work the I7 is better in all but a few programs. Sorry but you are wrong and I would suspect that your performance problems have to do with something other than your CPU.
  7. Because Ivy Bridge was a cool name to me.
  8. rds1220 said:
    Pff this whole thread wreaks of idiotc AMD fanboyism. I suspect it won't last long before it is closed.

    You can keep telling yourself that the Piledriver is better than an I5 but it won't make it true. In games the Piledriver isn't even close to I5 and in heavy CPU work the I7 is better in all but a few programs. Sorry but you are wrong and I would suspect that your performance problems have to do with something other than your CPU.



    This guy claimed the 6300 is 80% better than an i3 for gaming...


    Don't feed the trolls.


    XD
  9. I saw benchmarks where a Nehalem based Core i5 760 beat out the 8350, and thats a 3 year old CPU if I got my dates correct.
  10. ive seenbenchmarks of the i3 getting 10 fps on metro, yet ive seen a benchmark stating that an i3 got 200 fps on skyrim with a radeon 7850. half the intel benchmarks out there you cant trust anyway
  11. It was a benchmark from a site you linked to, look familiar?
    http://techreport.com/review/23750/amd-fx-8350-processor-reviewed/9

    Anyway, isn't Metro a poor PC port? Is that even comparable?
  12. payturr said:
    It was a benchmark from a site you linked to, look familiar?
    http://techreport.com/review/23750/amd-fx-8350-processor-reviewed/9

    Anyway, isn't Metro a poor PC port? Is that even comparable?


    your trying to show someone if an i3 is better then then a 6300 and you dont know about computer gaming?
  13. maxalge said:
    This guy claimed the 6300 is 80% better than an i3 for gaming...


    Don't feed the trolls.


    XD


    Yes I know. I meant if this is a real problem he is having. As I said from the beginning though judging by the title and stupid comments he has made he is an AMD fanboy probably trying to justify his buy by making assinine comments.
  14. I never said the 3220 was better than the 6300 IN GAMING.. it's better in other fields, and personally I'd go with it.
    This has gotten very asinine.
  15. What is everyone on about? 8350 vs i7 3770k? the i7 is better in everyway. im no intel fan boy i have a 6300. im just saying the perfomance king has been intel for awhile now. amd is still alright for bang for buck like the 4300/6300. anything over like 170 you can get a i5
  16. Amen to that, Stan
  17. stantheman123 said:
    What is everyone on about? 8350 vs i7 3770k? the i7 is better in everyway. im no intel fan boy i have a 6300. im just saying the perfomance king has been intel for awhile now. amd is still alright for bang for buck like the 4300/6300. anything over like 170 you can get a i5


    actually in stream gaming the 8350 beats the i7 3770k. payturr is a true intel fanboy he gets futureshop to assemble his computers for him
  18. LMFAOOO THE DAY I HAVE PEOPLE BUILD MY PCs FOR ME WILL BE THE DAY I'M A QUADRIPLEGIC.
    I will NEVER allow ANYONE to build a PC for me.
    It's just fact Intel has better performing CPUs.
  19. diablo34life said:
    actually in stream gaming the 8350 beats the i7 3770k.


    :pfff:
  20. diablo34life said:
    actually in stream gaming the 8350 beats the i7 3770k. payturr is a true intel fanboy he gets futureshop to assemble his computers for him


    Im not 100% sure if thats true havent seen tests. however yea a professional streamer would get a 3930k. Im not saying the 8350 is bad NO NO its a good cpu however imo its just out shined by other cpus
  21. Someone in this thread watched The Tek episode where they reviewed the 8350 and said it's good if you're streaming games. Now this person is pretending they have some actual knowledge about cpu performance...
  22. disolitude said:
    Someone in this thread watched The Tek episode where they reviewed the 8350 and said it's good if you're streaming games. Now this person is pretending they have some actual knowledge about cpu performance...

    Haha :-) i dont know if its better for streaming It could be which i dont think it would but who knows.
  23. Hey, not feeding trolls is my line!

    Lots of claims, not much proof... I vote this gets locked for it gets uglier.
  24. 4745454b said:
    Hey, not feeding trolls is my line!

    Lots of claims, not much proof... I vote this gets locked for it gets uglier.


    Yea idk what the point of this thread was i think the op is maybie a amd fanboy.

    i agree with payturr intel its just that intel cpus Perform better its not fayboyism its just fact.my 6300 at stock clocks bottlenecks my 7970ghz Im not too impressed with amd. it bottlenecked my 7970ghz by about 15-20% i had to overclock it too get rid of the bottleneck.... and dont forget the 6300 is basically amds best gaming cpu the 8320 just has more cores.
  25. welcome back disolitude !
  26. heres a good benchmark to show how the fx 8350 beats the i5 is just about everything, in gaming it only a few fps off. the 8 core beast is literally a beast
    benchmarks

    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/fx-8350-8320-6300-4300_6.html#sect0
  27. And if you turn one page, you'll see it lose horribly in itunes, mathmark, and adobe. Itunes and adobe are the big ones as people use those programs. Yes it does well in other programs, but I don't see how winning a few benchies and performing "ok" in games equals the fall of Intel. More so when you take power draw into account. Considering the lower power draw, faster in games, and wins in adobe and probably all single threaded tasks, why pass on the ivy bridge CPU? Unless you are building a render machine I wouldn't bother with AMD.
  28. Amd Where Money IS an Object..

    Just like apple, if you want the slickest/fastest tech money can buy then they are more than happy to overcharge you for it..

    Every time I go to build system I shop intel, then buy amd. Last system was for my dad,

    Amd System $300
    1045t/asus m587/8gb ram/psu/case/60gb ssd

    Intel "system" $300
    Core i7-3770

    The intel is 25/30% faster but I can't find the power button?
  29. the 8350 well beats the i5 accept gaming, infact the fx8350 beats it in a few games. after 60 fps theres really no need for any more performance. seing a 200 dollar chip match a 330 i7 is an amazing cpu for the price. at idle cpus consume only a few watts at load is when it draws a lot of power. and gaming and random work on the pc doesn't use all 8 cores full load so theres not a lot of power being generated I game maybe 2 hours a day. the fx8350 is as future proof as you can get if anything its ahead of its time. its being underestimated basically by intel fanboys and people who were just told to go intel because someone said so
  30. diablo34life said:
    the 8350 well beats the i5 accept gaming, infact the fx8350 beats it in a few games. after 60 fps theres really no need for any more performance. seing a 200 dollar chip match a 330 i7 is an amazing cpu for the price. at idle cpus consume only a few watts at load is when it draws a lot of power. and gaming and random work on the pc doesn't use all 8 cores full load so theres not a lot of power being generated I game maybe 2 hours a day. the fx8350 is as future proof as you can get if anything its ahead of its time. its being underestimated basically by intel fanboys and people who were just told to go intel because someone said so

    http://techreport.com/r.x/amd-fx-8350/skyrim-fps.gif
    Thats skyrim the 8350 gets 77fps and the i5 gets 104fps

    batman
    http://techreport.com/r.x/amd-fx-8350/arkham-fps.gif
    amd 8350:70 i5 3570k:84

    http://techreport.com/r.x/amd-fx-8350/x264-power-peak.gif
    Power consumption in x264 encoding

    amd 8350:196w i5 3570k:87w

    What about overclocking on skyrim ?
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2012/11/06/amd-fx-8350-review/6
    amd 8350 61min fps avrg 111
    I5 3570k min 111fps avrg 165


    Look for yourself over the interent the i5 3570k in gaming is the faster cpu 24/7 and there the same price and it uses less than half the power of the amd 8350.
    I have nothing against amd. i personally own a 6300 and enjoy it. HOWEVER dont lie to yourselfs. fayboyism is not cool. and however for some people 60fps is enough.
    Have you thought about idk maybie 120hz users? or people who are using 3d and need the every bit of fps. Nothing is future proof. by the time games start using all the 8 cores the amd 8350 will be a old and slow cpu and very outdated. heres linus talking about future proofing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK4ip08auGg
    Im not a intel fan boy. intel is just faster simple as that

    If the amd 8350 was faster id be prasing it too. That said both are great cpus and pretty much will fullfill the job. its just that the i5 3570k is faster. and people who want the bleeding edge every single fps will go intel.I personally only wanted 60fps+ and went with the 6300 and oc it. however my mate went with the 2600k cause well he wanted to get every single fps tech has to offer. :P
  31. I just enjoy reading these threads for the same old people to come along and have handbags with each other. It's priceless.

    OP, revise your reasoning overall the AMD parts are still behind Intel by two generations but there are instances where AMD works really well. Results with the Vishera parts place them very well against Intel similarly priced parts, in instances the Vishera wins out but at this point AMD still uses a lot more power envelope to achieve that. It is not necessarily a bad thing considering the Bulldozer architecture is now finished and speculation on Steamy is that it is a drastically more efficient arch so time will tell.

    Intel wins on performance and power but AMD does to very well at value for money and budget spectrum, notably desktop A-Series FCH which basically merges budget with mainstream features at low cost and performance wise the A8-A10's are by and large on par with a i3.
  32. OP I have been watching you for the last few days and have seen you posting pointless threads and trolling around.

    Just wanna say don't be a Fanboi and stop trolling.

    AMD may be good at certain things but lets face it, intel does have better performance per watt and that is what matters in the long run.

    I'm not a fanboy or anything but its the truth. Hell I even own an AMD system.
  33. Intel has effective marketing, that's why.
  34. i5 3570k $229 mobo my ONLY ask 6 sata III spots cause I admit I have 5 s3 drives and would like to be able to plug them in, CHEAPEST newegg LGA 1155 6x6s3 $194 so $450 for just the cbu/mobo and to keep simple sysmark 2012 overall score is +12% so double the price for 12% argue gaming yada yada but sorry not on my dime..
  35. The whole arguement is so overrated.
  36. Troll thread being closed. diablo34life don't open threads of this nature as they = trouble. Next time = ban.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Product