Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Best card for under 200$?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 17, 2012 2:59:24 AM

I was wondering what the best card is for under 200 or 200$ on the dot.

Right now i'm running two 5770's and i think it's time to finally upgrade.

It's mostly for BF3 in 1080p

More about : card 200

a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2012 3:24:42 AM

I think the 560 Ti benches the highest for BF3, or the Radeon counter part, which would probably be the 6950 works better for other games. It really depends on what games you play.

Heres a benchmark chart you can look at: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/510?vs=547
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2012 3:26:22 AM

On second thought, I think the 6870 or the 560 (non-Ti) would be closer to your price range. People will tell you to spend $20 more for the Ti though, but then you can spend $20 more for a 7850, then 20 more for the 7870, then 20 more again and again until your buying the 7970. You only have so much money, so it's up to you when to stop adding 20 more dollars.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 17, 2012 3:28:54 AM

I play ton's of games. I'm just looking for something to use less power then the two 5770's, but give me more power and better fps.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2012 3:30:30 AM

zookeeper525 said:
I play ton's of games. I'm just looking for something to use less power then the two 5770's, but give me more power and better fps.

I don't really do multi GPU's so I'm not sure where two 5770's performance would be at. All I can tell you is the 560, or the 6870 is probably the best you could do for $200, and I've been looking for a new GPU for a while and have looked at everything.
m
0
l
July 17, 2012 3:36:10 AM

Alternatively, you could look on eBay. I got a GTX 570 for 185, and it was a replacement from EVGA that the seller didn't want. Came with the 3 year warranty since it was never registered. Look for similar deals.
m
0
l
July 17, 2012 3:47:38 AM

bookwormsy said:
Alternatively, you could look on eBay. I got a GTX 570 for 185, and it was a replacement from EVGA that the seller didn't want. Came with the 3 year warranty since it was never registered. Look for similar deals.



I take it that it was the 1280mb verison? I'm not seeing any for around that, i seen one for 210$.

Would that be worth 210? or are there better cards out there for the same price?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2012 4:49:35 PM

zookeeper525 said:
I take it that it was the 1280mb verison? I'm not seeing any for around that, i seen one for 210$.

Would that be worth 210? or are there better cards out there for the same price?

570's usually cost closer to $275, so if you could score one for $210 it would definatly be worth the extra money over a 560 Ti. Just know that the 570's take quite a bit of power and will generate quite a bit of heat to go with it.
m
0
l
July 17, 2012 11:14:18 PM

It is the 1280MB version, and it is most definitely worth the 210.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 17, 2012 11:29:45 PM

mace200200 said:
570's usually cost closer to $275, so if you could score one for $210 it would definatly be worth the extra money over a 560 Ti. Just know that the 570's take quite a bit of power and will generate quite a bit of heat to go with it.



He is xfiring 5770's and that's quite a bit of heat being produced and power being sucked up.

I agree though, for $210 bucks a GTX 570 would be a good price. Scouring ebay for 6970's 570's or good prices on 6950/GTX 560 is the way to go. That being said, 5770's are about 6950 performance in an optimal situation. However you probably are already well aware of the issues that affect xfire setups. Good Luck.
m
0
l
July 18, 2012 3:58:05 AM

Yeah, the 5770 crossfire setup has been nothing but problems since i got them. Due to AMD's drivers.

I just don't wanna spend 210$ if i'm not gonna notice a huge fps boost in games.
m
0
l
!