matleez

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
im looking into building my first computer and id like some input. this is what i am looking to start with and it cant really go above $1200
CPU: i5 2500k
MOBO: ASUS P8Z77-V LX LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
GPU: ASUS ENGTX560Ti448DC2/2DIS/1280MD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 448 Cores (Fermi)
CASE: CM HAF XM
CPU COOLER: CORSAIR H100
MEM: G.SKILL (2X4GB)
HDD: 1TB SEAGATE
PSU: 1000W ROSEWILL BRONZE

please comment about my setup and give input, the GPU and MOBO are two things im not really sure about, i am going to be playing BF3 on it at high hopefully

matleez

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
i am wanting to do overclocking and well im not sure where im going to live, as of now im in columbus ohio it goes from -5 to 105. but i may be in hot areas due to military living

Both companies have driver issues. Buy whatever your comfortable with. I prefer AMD, but that is just me. If nVidia suits you than look for the best nVidia GPU that you can afford (assuming you want the best gaming for the $).

In your budget I'd look at what Tom's believes is the best GPU for the $ (August edition) here.

proton007

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012
The case, yes, you can go with something much cheaper like the Corsair 300R (recommended above) or Antec Eleven Hundred. Keep the cooler. Use the savings for better GPU.
SSDs are a pricey medium because they're flash memories. There's no spinning hard disk inside.

Yes that would be fine too. I look for the onboard USB 3.0 connectors, so if you get a case that supports it (front USB 3.0 ports) than your good to go!

Yes basically that is what happens. You buy a CPU with unlocked multiplier and adjust the multiplier settings in the BIOS to reflect the speed your wanting to run at. If you OC more than just a little there is more involved, like voltage adjustments and such, but that is basically how it works. You will want to stress test your system after each OC adjustment to verify that you are stable too.

I prefer a 128 gb SSD for a boot drive. It'll allow you extra room for some games if you like and still isn't too expensive.

Most BIOS's aren't too bad. It take a bit to get used to, but there are plenty of resources out there if you need help.

TRENDING THREADS