How to show a message to user just after he/she logon?

Galen thanks for your reply. Ya it is good idea but the problem is that
I want to show current date, time and computer name to the user in the
message, which cannot be done if I use text file for it. Anyhow
thanks.

--
biohazard
1 answer Last reply

    Just a thought.

    If opening a text file at startup works, then why not chage it to an HTML
    file. It shoud then open in your browser.

    You could then display current date and time. I am not sure about computer
    name - some of the experts on
    microsoft.public.scripting.jscript may be able to assist here. After all, it
    is "just" a matter of accessing some system info.
    I write "just" because I couldn't do it, but the gurus at the above
    newsgroup would find it very easy.

    --
    Cheers,
    Trevor L., WIP (Web Interested Person)

    biohazard wrote:
    > Galen thanks for your reply. Ya it is good idea but the problem is
    > that I want to show current date, time and computer name to the user
    > in the message, which cannot be done if I use text file for it. Anyhow
    > thanks.
    >
    > Galen Wrote:
    >> In news:biohazard.1sj5pm@pcbanter.net,
    >> biohazard biohazard.1sj5pm@pcbanter.net had this to say:

    >> -
    >> Can someone help me how to show a message to user just AFTER he/she
    >> logon to the computer? (just the way we can show a message to user
    >> BEFORE he/she logon, through the 'legal notice message' in registry).
    >> I am using win xp pro and want to display a message to every user
    >> after he logons to my computer. Can someone help me how to do this
    >> from registry?
    >>
    >> I am waiting for reply, and shall be very thankful.-
    >>
    >> Well, I suppose you could dig into the registry's startup section for
    >> all
    >> users and toss a link to a text file in there and the text file would
    >> then
    >> open when they logged in. Sounds almost rational to me. There's
    >> likely a
    >> better way but that's the quick and easy way though I'm not sure that
    >> it
    >> will open visable or if it will just show up in the task bar? Maybe a
    >> maximize switch?
    >>
    >> Galen
    >> --
    >>
    >> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
    >> without them."
    >>
    >> Sherlock Holmes
    >

    > --
    > biohazard