How to show a message to user just after he/she logon?

BioHazard

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2004

Galen thanks for your reply. Ya it is good idea but the problem is that
I want to show current date, time and computer name to the user in the
message, which cannot be done if I use text file for it. Anyhow
thanks.

--
biohazard

Just a thought.

If opening a text file at startup works, then why not chage it to an HTML
file. It shoud then open in your browser.

You could then display current date and time. I am not sure about computer
name - some of the experts on
microsoft.public.scripting.jscript may be able to assist here. After all, it
is "just" a matter of accessing some system info.
I write "just" because I couldn't do it, but the gurus at the above
newsgroup would find it very easy.

--
Cheers,
Trevor L., WIP (Web Interested Person)