A bit dated, but generally an okay system. If you can build yourself a system, there are options around that budget.
Were you buying from a friend or somewhere else?
I would lean towards a lower price, but it all depends.
* PSU is a good one
* Case is okay, not my taste, but should be fine
* Mobo is dated and doesn't support the latest AMD chips, but is still a decent Mobo.
* Plenty of RAM for most things
* CPU cooler is quite big!
*GPU is okay, was mid-range in 2009 ish.
Thanks for the reponse. I live in Dubai and its an online site (similar to craigslist), looking at these sites as my PC building knowledge is very limited.
Happy to go up to 1,000 dollars for a decent setup and though I could get something like this to start then upgrade.....Looking to play Diablo 3 etc and be a good enough PC to last for a few years of gaming.
Either I buy a built system or get a shopping list for self-build then find some tech friends to help put it together!
Yeah that sounds good. I would personally build your system (especially if you have friends that can help you). The better setups right now is:
* Intel i5 3570k Quad Core CPU (unlocked multiplier so you can OC easily, if you desire to do it)
* z77 based mobo (has native USB 3.0 support and onboard USB 3.0 connections)
* 2 x 4 gb's DDR3 1333 to 1600 mHz is good
* I'd go with 6870, GTX 560, GTX 560 Ti, 7850, etc for the minimal GPU to buy in the <$1k price range.
* At least a 1 TB HD if you need some storage or at least 500 gb HD (make sure it's 7200 rpm speed)
* Go with a case w/at least USB 3.0 front ports if you can (Corsair 300, Cooler Master HAF 922 are examples)
Thanks for the advice, will skip on trying to find a pre-built bargain and go shopping for the components advised. Can see myself getting a basic setup then being annoyed at not spending more $$$ to get what I truly wanted / needed. Cheers!