Trying to finalise my build before purchasing the parts

Kompewtyr

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
Hi. Here is the build, any brand swaps, or information regarding a product I have chosen being unreliable is appreciated.

Also, earlier I was planning on getting 16GB RAM and an i7 3770K but I have decided, in the interest of money, to downgrade to an i5 3570K and 8GB RAM. Would I still be able to make some videos for youtube, maybe a bit of photoshop well? Thanks.

This computer is for gaming, internet, school, and even recreational Youtube video making/editing. Basically an all in all, main desktop.

i5 3570K CPU
Gigabyte GA Z77X UD5H
Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600
Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB
Samsung 830 series 128GB SSD (for OS only)
GTX 670 2GB
Corsair HX 750W PSU
Windows 7 Professional OEM
Corsair Obsidian 650D case
Dvd/Blue Ray drive, someone please recommend a good one
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo cooling
Asus Xonar DG sound card
Peripherals :
24" ASUS Monitor
G510 logitech gaming keyboard
G700 logitech gaming mouse
and need a good headset in the $100 - $150 range, preferrably one that would take advantage of my discreet sound card

Also, can anyone recommend a good purple LED set to set up inside the case, so its not so plain?

jacknhut

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010
I would drop the PSU to 550W since you will be only using 1 video card, also drop the Asus Sonar sound card since the onboard sound from Gigabyte is good enough you won't be able to tell the difference.

Use the extra money saving to get the i7 3770k since you will actually see some benefits in video editing/photoshop or if you don't want to step up just save the cash for something else (bigger monitor 120 hz maybe)