Computer running slow

Hi friends now a days my computer running slowly my cpu is Intel(R) Pentium 4 2.80GHZ Cpu frequency=1400MHZ please tell me about how to fix this problem :pt1cable:
4 answers Last reply
More about computer running slow
  1. devashish said:
    Hi friends now a days my computer running slowly my cpu is Intel(R) Pentium 4 2.80GHZ Cpu frequency=1400MHZ please tell me about how to fix this problem :pt1cable:

We need more information. How much RAM do you have? How big is your HDD and how much is used/free? Have you done any virus/malware scans. There are a number of things that can cause a computer to run slow. A crappy CPU, not enough RAM, HDD swapping files, viruses and malware.
  2. sys info:

manufacturer: WEIBU_
    Model : AWRDACPI
    Bios : Phoenix Award Bios v6.00pg
    CPU : Intel Pentium 4 2.80ghz
    CPu Frequiecy : 1400mhz
    Ram : 256Mb
    Used ram : 247MB
    Motherboard : 845+ICH5
    HDD : 160Gb seagate baracuddi
    Graphic adapter : 82845G\Gl\GE\PV\GV Graphic Contoller
  3. You don't have alot of RAM and a pretty small HDD. My guess is the computer is using the HDD for a swap file and that is slowing it down not to mention the Pentium 4 was slow, hot crap. You can upgrade and max out the RAM and see if that helps. I would also download Avast and Malwarebytes and do scans to see if comes up with anything. What versions of Windows do you have and do you know how to use command prompt?
  4. i have an win xp sp 3 and i don't no how to use command prompt
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Pentium Computers Intel