Sign in with
Your question

Case & CPU Compatibility issues + CPU Cooler

Last response: in Systems
September 4, 2012 9:11:35 AM

I just wanted to know whether the Asus Maximus V Extreme motherboard which is an E-ATX board form-factor will fit into the Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper case which is an XL-ATX case.

Also: Can anyone suggest a decent LGA1155 CPU Cooler (preferably a fan instead of liquid cooler) to couple with an i7-3770K.

(;

-Thanks
a b à CPUs
September 4, 2012 9:23:13 AM

Dont rely on this but as far as im aware, xl-atx is not a recognised specification, it is a manufacturer declared spec. Xl-atx is generally the same width as e-atx but slightly longer to accomodate more expansion slots.

Based on that information an e-atx board should fit an xl-atx case. please do not take this as fact though, i would get board and internal dimensions to check.
September 4, 2012 9:28:02 AM

mikerockett said:
Dont rely on this but as far as im aware, xl-atx is not a recognised specification, it is a manufacturer declared spec. Xl-atx is generally the same width as e-atx but slightly longer to accomodate more expansion slots.

Based on that information an e-atx board should fit an xl-atx case. please do not take this as fact though, i would get board and internal dimensions to check.

Okay thanks for the response (;
Related resources
September 4, 2012 9:29:36 AM

Brucey_Bonus said:
I just wanted to know whether the Asus Maximus V Extreme motherboard which is an E-ATX board form-factor will fit into the Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper case which is an XL-ATX case.

Also: Can anyone suggest a decent LGA1155 CPU Cooler (preferably a fan instead of liquid cooler) to couple with an i7-3770K.

(;

-Thanks

Yes, it will fit. I have a friend with that exact case and exact motherboard. For a decent air cooler, check out Phantek, Nocture NH-D14, Silver Arrow all of them are around 90 bucks each and are considered the best air coolers on the market for LGA 1155 and LGA 2011
a b à CPUs
September 4, 2012 9:29:45 AM

No problem, if you make the purchase post back with whether the board fits, would be good to know :) 
a b à CPUs
September 4, 2012 9:31:42 AM

Scratch that, just seen jacknhut's reply :) 
March 3, 2013 1:53:26 PM

Can you help me? i bought the MSI Z77 MPower MoBo and an Cooler Master Storm Trooper Case although knowing it is not an ATX case. Will my MoBo fit in it? I really love that case its my favorite case of all time. :( 
September 2, 2013 2:40:43 PM

I have an element V nvidia edition basic case and I am wanting to buy the msi xpower motherboard which is xl atx. My case shows support for e atx, atx, micro atx,special, and a few more, will my mmotherboard fit, I have checked with a tapemeasure and the size fits, but im not sure about the screws, is it the same screwpattern as e atx?
!