Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Question About Cpu Cooler.

Last response: in Components
January 19, 2013 3:31:50 AM

Ok so I recently finished building my computer, and after couple of days to getting used to it I noticed that my cpu fan that came with my AMD FX-8350 ends up being very loud when I play games such as StarCraft 2 or League of Legends. So my question is, if it's worth replacing my stock fan with something like this fan here "Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler", as well as wondering, if I replace my cpu cooler will I need to get rid of the old thermal compound/paste that was applied, and apply a new layer before putting a new cooler on my cpu? Also i would like to know if the "Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler" is very quiet or not, if not could any of you give me some good suggestions on what are some good cpu fans that quiet as well as good in performance? please and thank you! :D 

More about : question cpu cooler

Best solution

a c 84 à CPUs
January 19, 2013 3:51:41 AM

you wiil have to clean and repaste and the 212 evo is a good choice that will lower your temp .
January 19, 2013 10:54:21 AM

stock cpu cooler is quite a crap...won't help you either if you are planning to overclock later...buy a decent aftermarket cooler for your cpu.
Score
Related resources
a c 84 à CPUs
January 20, 2013 1:14:40 AM

if you choose another cooler check the size of it so it will fit in the case and will not restrain you for using all your memory slot .
Score
January 20, 2013 2:54:11 AM

Best answer selected by iPlayLoL.
Score
January 20, 2013 2:56:39 AM

scout_03 said:
you wiil have to clean and repaste and the 212 evo is a good choice that will lower your temp .

Ok will this also be a quiet cpu fan? as well as removing the thermal paste what's the best way to remove it? scraping the paste off or using some kind of cppu cleaning liquid?
Score
!