Changing default file associations that affect all Domain ..

Hello --

I have a bunch of transcriptionists who use a custom third-party application
to listen to .WAV voice files. The thing I am trying to avoid doing is
logging onto all their workstations AS EACH user (since they float around and
do not have a dedicated workstation) and MANUALLY changing the file
association for .WAV files.

Is there a registry tweak or a domain-based script I can run through GP to
force a file association to change to a customer executable no matter which
transcriptionist logs in?
2 answers Last reply
More about changing default file associations affect domain

    Log on as an administrator.

    "Lee Seidman" <Lee Seidman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D88350A-9810-495C-98DC-3836B1C77C18@microsoft.com...
    > Hello --
    >
    > I have a bunch of transcriptionists who use a custom third-party application
    > to listen to .WAV voice files. The thing I am trying to avoid doing is
    > logging onto all their workstations AS EACH user (since they float around and
    > do not have a dedicated workstation) and MANUALLY changing the file
    > association for .WAV files.
    >
    > Is there a registry tweak or a domain-based script I can run through GP to
    > force a file association to change to a customer executable no matter which
    > transcriptionist logs in?

    Nice thought, but that only changes it for local workstation users, not
    DOMAIN users. If it were only that easy...

    "David Candy" wrote:

    > Log on as an administrator.

    > "Lee Seidman" <Lee Seidman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D88350A-9810-495C-98DC-3836B1C77C18@microsoft.com...
    > > Hello --
    > >
    > > I have a bunch of transcriptionists who use a custom third-party application
    > > to listen to .WAV voice files. The thing I am trying to avoid doing is
    > > logging onto all their workstations AS EACH user (since they float around and
    > > do not have a dedicated workstation) and MANUALLY changing the file
    > > association for .WAV files.
    > >
    > > Is there a registry tweak or a domain-based script I can run through GP to
    > > force a file association to change to a customer executable no matter which
    > > transcriptionist logs in?

Configuration Workstations Windows XP