Changing default file associations that affect all Domain ..

Hello --

I have a bunch of transcriptionists who use a custom third-party application
to listen to .WAV voice files. The thing I am trying to avoid doing is
logging onto all their workstations AS EACH user (since they float around and
do not have a dedicated workstation) and MANUALLY changing the file
association for .WAV files.

Is there a registry tweak or a domain-based script I can run through GP to
force a file association to change to a customer executable no matter which
transcriptionist logs in?

Log on as an administrator.

"Lee Seidman" <Lee Seidman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D88350A-9810-495C-98DC-3836B1C77C18@microsoft.com...
> Hello --
>
> I have a bunch of transcriptionists who use a custom third-party application
> to listen to .WAV voice files. The thing I am trying to avoid doing is
> logging onto all their workstations AS EACH user (since they float around and
> do not have a dedicated workstation) and MANUALLY changing the file
> association for .WAV files.
>
> Is there a registry tweak or a domain-based script I can run through GP to
> force a file association to change to a customer executable no matter which
> transcriptionist logs in?

Nice thought, but that only changes it for local workstation users, not
DOMAIN users. If it were only that easy...

"David Candy" wrote:

> Log on as an administrator.

> "Lee Seidman" <Lee Seidman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D88350A-9810-495C-98DC-3836B1C77C18@microsoft.com...
> > Hello --
> >
> > I have a bunch of transcriptionists who use a custom third-party application
> > to listen to .WAV voice files. The thing I am trying to avoid doing is
> > logging onto all their workstations AS EACH user (since they float around and
> > do not have a dedicated workstation) and MANUALLY changing the file
> > association for .WAV files.
> >
> > Is there a registry tweak or a domain-based script I can run through GP to
> > force a file association to change to a customer executable no matter which
> > transcriptionist logs in?

TRENDING THREADS